Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi After Awarded Tdiu

Rate this question

ncjoe1970

Question

My hearing is coming up next month for my SSDI claim. I have been on TDIU since March 2011 and my lawyer swears we have a very good chance of winning this case because I am already receiving TDIU from the VA. I have been turned down by Social Security before but have never had a hearing.

Most cases I see on here have already been awarded SSDI, before they received TDIU. I'm the opposite. Anyone else had a case like mine ?

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I do appreciate what we have. It was a 7 year fight to get TDIU. I started receiving it December 2011, with back pay to March 2011. Before that I was 30% for 8 years. We lost everything, our home, cars etc. My wife and I have 3 children, non together, yet they all reside with us. My x left my son and I in 2002 and has not spoke to him since. I know what hell is like and I know I'm in a lot better shape than most. I will support any VET and help anyway I can. Don't think I'm not appreciative, I'm a fighter....

Edited by ncjoe1970

63Sierra,

I question everything now. I have a very hard time trusting anyone. I have been lied to, over medicated to the point of having a severe grand mal seizure disorder. I finally got to the point I stood my ground. I don't care if your a doctor, a judge, your human and make mistakes. I call it like I see it and always will. That is how I finally won my case. I stopped taking no for an answer. I stood my ground and refused to let anyone stop me. I am not a people person anymore and I'm trying to live my life the best way I can. I found this site and have read many stories of other vets like yourself, and can relate. We are on the same side here, don't forget that !

63Sierra,

I question everything now. I have a very hard time trusting anyone. I have been lied to, over medicated to the point of having a severe grand mal seizure disorder. I finally got to the point I stood my ground. I don't care if your a doctor, a judge, your human and make mistakes. I call it like I see it and always will. That is how I finally won my case. I stopped taking no for an answer. I stood my ground and refused to let anyone stop me. I am not a people person anymore and I'm trying to live my life the best way I can. I found this site and have read many stories of other vets like yourself, and can relate. We are on the same side here, don't forget that !

Joe your right , theres stupid doctor,s stupid judges, stupid policeman, stupid attorneys./ just because a person has been exposed to alot of information and knowledge, does not make them intelligent. You can take a stupid dog and train him for many years. Either he gets it or he dont. If some dumb doctor had a rich daddy, that insisted his son would become a doctor, there aint no stopping it.