Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Udorn Thailand Presumptive Approved .........yes

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

This was the first group I wanted to share great new with. Several of you know of the struggle of the Thailand veteran to get recognized for herbicide exposure by VA.

Today my husband got 20 % approval for something, we are pretty sure it is DM2. He will get retro for one year. Claim filed 10/2012.This claim was being pushed to complete by Oct 1.

He got this because he was a perimeter guard in Udorn in 1970 for USAF. He job was jet engine mechanic but they pulled him for 30days to be a tower guard. He had nothing in his file to support this claim. However the VSPA had him listed on their website as a augmentee and we also lucked out and located a former colonel who signed his evaluation in 1970 and he provided written letter that he frequently sent guys to the perimeter to help out in 1970.

Here is the Icing: He is still in a 2 year appeal post DRO interview for IHD, GERD and Renal disease. They originally denied his IHD but with DM2 approved as presumptive we expect the others will follow suit.

You guys have allways been supportive in your comments and it made this easier. Will keep you posted.

Jc :ohmy::biggrin:

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder where AskNod is to comment on this topic. He was fighting secret war in Laos and around Udorn. I was in Nam watching grunts and 11th A/C preparing to head into Cambodia in 1970. I am not sure 11th A/C went into Cambodia but they were loading up everything that could fly with grunts at my airbase to go to Cambodia. I wonder if they sprayed AO in advance because the entire command structure of NVA and VC knew we were coming.

Rick, THANK YOU for that C & P Bulletin.

Kurt and I had discussed Thailand AO EEDs as to Nehmer... But the bulletin states 3.156 © .........YES!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

I swear the SMARTEST people in town are here at hadit. !!!!!!

In this case Rick:

"JC,

I assume that you mean the new regs for IHD, Parkinson and B cell. I filed my claim for IHD in Nov of 2009 right after they annouced the new presumptives and when they service connected the IHD they gave me an effective date of 1 Sep 2010.

Generally the effective date is the date you file the claim, if you filed the claim on the 4th of April in 2011 the that is you effective date and you would receive your first check on the 1st of May 2011.

Rick"

I assume this vet was given the regulation date under Nehmer for the EED which makes sense for many Nehmer claims unless there had been a NSC rating in an older decision for what became AO presumptive in the more recent claim,due to the IHD regulation date.

Does that make sense ?

And again I thank you........I learn something here every day and this was a biggy for me and I am not sure if Kurt Priessman got this bulletin and will let him know.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta;

After all the help that you and Kurt have giveen me and the other Thailand vets I'm more than happy to return the favor. Everything that I come across conerning AO in Thailand I save and I don't just save it to one drive I save it to several.

Rick

Take nothing but pictures Leave nothing but footprints