VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

Sure is difficult to maintain an even keel in these waters while the government is shut down...

Spent months in Gathering Dust Phase. Moved to this spot on a few days back.

Any idea how long it "normally" takes in this phase? (I know nothing is really normal at the VA).

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Got and update today through e-mail concerning my claim that the VSR has everything they need to decide my case and it is now i the preparation phase what does this mean and how much longer this wait will continue.

It means your claim has all evidence needed and is now just waiting to be rated. Each claim is different in terms of how long it takes in the rating phase. Mine has been in preparation for decision since May 18 of this year. I've seen some peoples claim get rated pretty quickly though. Does your claim have a estimated competition date?

It means your claim has all evidence needed and is now just waiting to be rated. Each claim is different in terms of how long it takes in the rating phase. Mine has been in preparation for decision since May 18 of this year. I've seen some peoples claim get rated pretty quickly though. Does your claim have a estimated competition date?

yes 01/14-05/14 According to E-benefit as of 11/09/2013 my claim was sent back to

Gathering phase can someone explain to me what's going on here now

they are asking for my entire personal file this Information the VA

should already have please let me know what's going on here thank

you!!!

-------------------

> Response via Email(Department of Veterans Affairs) - 10/18/2013 04:17 PM

> Mr. Howard:

> eBenefits is a portal that pulls data from one main system the VA uses.

> Unfortunately, because this only has the capability of generally reading one

> system (and the VA uses multiple systems for tracking information),

> eBenefits can reflect incorrect or outdated information or sometimes. After

> reviewing your file, it is determine that we have, in fact, received your

> 5103 waiver (VCAA response) along with additional medical records. However,

> this was not updated in one of the systems used by the VA which is,

> unfortunately, why eBenefits reflects otherwise. On 10-11-13, the VSR

> assigned to your case reviewed your file and determined we have all

> necessary evidence from you for a decision. Therefore, the file was sent to

> the rating board for review.

>

>this is a backlash on my part I have written this letter to my RO

11/12/2013

Department of Veterans Affairs

Regional Office

Columbia S.C. 29209

Attn: Comprehension and Pension

I Bobby G. Howard 248-08-3273 is responding to your change of status concerning my claim (Lower Back-IU according to my E-benefit page my claim were sent back to the Gathering of Evidence Phase for additional review, according to your previous assessment of my (Statement of Case) it indicate that they were no record of my Airborne Status so I then sent the documentation of where I was in Baumholder Germany 1st BN 83rd FA then re-enlist for jump status and attend Jump School at Ft. Benning Ga, and were assign to the 18th Airborne Corp 82nd Airborne Division Ft. Bragg N.C. where I also showed in these document my unit assign where Air movement Operation were conduct also during parades letter of appreciation were added to every solider file who attended by the LT. General Corps commander again these were documentation showing that I was assign to jump status this is why I sent these documents to show the nexus of my injuries while serve with the 82nd Airborne Division I hope this letter explains it. and the Veterans Affairs can proceed with a rating of my claim I have not work in years because of my injuries.

Change of Status: We determined that your claim needed additional review. If additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from us explaining what is needed. Contentions: lower back pain (Reopen) individual unemployability (New)

ThankYou

Bobby G. Howard

This is how my status turned out thus far have anyone experience this tragedy

Edited by bhoward422

yes 01/14-05/14

Hopefully they'll get yours completed before that time. Mine doesn't have one. It says, at this time your RO doesn't have a estimated competition date. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing. Good luck with your claim and thank you for your service!

just checked ebene today it shows that my claim has moved backed to pending decision approval hope this a good thing how much longer now before completion?