Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ltd Attorney Needs Ssdi Paper Filled Out...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

But the VA doctors will not do this. They said it needs to be done by a VA social worker? Anybody else had to do this like this? If it was a private PCP they would do this. I guess I could take all my VA medical reports to my private PCP and talk with him about filling out the paperwork. He was the one who first diagnosed the DDD in 2007 after I started having a lot of headaches after picking up heavy stuff or standing for a period of time.

Your advice is needed. This is just the Attorney paper work they need which shows the diagnosis/problems lists. They obtained all my VA medical reports from the VA already about 3 weeks ago.

Also, I hope this means I am getting close to see a judge...

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Read thru this:

'however, the clinician, if requested by the veteran, must place a descriptive statement in the veteran’s medical record regarding
the current status of the veteran’s existing medical condition, disease, or injury, including prognosis and degree of function.'

You can have them do this then go to ROI and get a copy.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Okay the existing medical condition is on the "Problems List" the VA has. I pulled it from myhealthevet...

I just don't know why they won't fill out these reports. Its kind of wrong if you ask me. I guess I will see if my private PCP will help me do them since the VA is so lacking doing stuff like this. I keep all my medical records in a huge binder so this will help when I go see my private PCP soon.

Well I just received some paper work from SSDI and they transferred my stuff to another location to setup a video hearing appointment which should be around December or January. One thing I noticed on the document is that it read if you are having problems on getting your Doctor to fill out paperwork related to your SSDI then you can ask the ALJ to subpoena that requires a person to submit documentation or testify at your client's hearing. I am wondering how deep of a hole could I dig by telling the ALJ that my PCP from the VA won't fill out the requested paperwork my attorney ask him to fill out? I could open a can a worms.... :wink:

• HadIt.com Elder

Why not just get your private doctor to do it. You may have to pay him. You want it done right and not some half ass job. Doctors need to use the magic words in SSD reports. They must say you are disabled from all work for at least a year. They can't speculate. They need to advocate for you.