Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Wait Has Finally Come To An End

Rate this topic

Dsalyer

Congrats on the win, you deserve it. Feels good don't it?

Enjoy, and thank you for your service :smile:

Edited by aggie54

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on the win. My downloaded letter said the same thing but when I got the official letter the actual effective date was 9/01.2010 so hopefully when you get the official letter it'll give you the actual effective date of 3/01/2012.

Also 12/01/2012 is the date of our last cola adjustment.

Rick

Congrats.

I think Rick is correct, your effective date should be the date you filed your claim but the date you saw on E-Peggy 12/01/2012 is the date of the last Cola increase so that will be the date shown on the E-Peggy letter. Check your award letter and it will show you the breakdown.

Congrats on your win!! Seeing new success stories makes me hopeful on my own claim. Just always make sure you send in those questionare forms every year. I had my 100% unemployeability for several years and never knew I had to send one in as I never received anything from VA saying I needed to. In other words, I was never aware of it. Well...VA was going to take my 100% because they say I never sent in the form. I had until Feb 1st to get it to them. I faxed it in on Jan 22nd and even called to make sure they received it and was confirmed that they did. They took it anyway saying it was a VA computer error but made me refile my paperwork all over. I just domt ever want to see another Veteran go through what my family has over that form. Congrats again!

Infantry,

I believe that that income form is only required if you are at 100% because of unemployability, if you are 100% schedular you don't have to send in the income form every year.

Rick

Take nothing but pictures Leave nothing but footprints

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use