Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Benifits Is Now Shut Down

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

E benifits is now shut down tell furher notice effective 14:4 pm October 7. There well be no updates or to be able to access. I guess the VA call centers are going next. There computers are now down-agent says system down. I wonder why?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I read that yesterday as well 11bangbang. I just hope I can get my retro before then. My 100% was effective 1 Sept. 2013 and retro to 1 Aug. 2011. I had to prove that I could handle finances and stuff like that. Dozen letters and a psych report sent 2 days ago. What are my chances?

Press reports and statements by groups like DAV late yesterday said that the VA had closed down the ROs Monday afternoon.

Checked eBenefits...still works and still says the same status it's said for months for my claim. Guess there's no point in checking it again until the shutdown ends and VA employees return to their job sites.

Harleyman had hoped that they'd be able to plow through some of the work, believing the statement posted on the website and in the contingency plan that they'd continue until later in the month. For whatever reason, VA shut them down and furloughed about 7,000 RO employees.

http://www.dav.org/learn-more/news/2013/dav-service-offices-relocating-immediately-due-to-shutdown/

• HadIt.com Elder

Ebenefits is really not anything besides an update board. It does not make your claim go faster or the result any better.