Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Notification Phase..help!

Rate this question

doubleD

Question

I woke up today and had missed a call from e-peggy. I called them back as requested. The guy couldn't tell me anything...grrr He did say it moved to notification phase and that it must be a good sign that the RO called me but he was sorry because he couldn't see anything in my file. He told me the BBE would be sent via snail mail. My anxiety is getting the best of me.

*How long til it changes to complete?

*How long until something shows up in ebennie?

*Has anyone else had the RO call them?

* What should I expect?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My dependents verification has been in Notification for almost 2 months now too. Just be patient and hopefully we get our money and answers by Christmas. The VA always slows down around the holidays thru February. God Bless all of you.

don't want to disseminate and fowl or bad news, but most VARO's are closing or have closed. All depends on how much money they have left in their budget to operate. I don't see anything happening until the budget is passed.

I also believe that veterans will be extremely lucky if they receive a check on 11-1-2013.

In the past, with the veterans I have assisted, I have been told that once they are placed in the notification phase, they had received their retro pay and rating decision within 30 days of the posted date. Sometimes, receiving their retro pay before the rating decision.

I notice one individual has stated that he has been in the notification for 90 days. That's not a good sign. I have been assisting veterans a long time and have never seen 90 days in the notification phase.

I hope that the Washington DC politicians start playing well and soon! Or there will be a whole lot of upset disabled veterans, widows, widowers on the 1st of November when they have no pay due...

Edited by meghp0405

I hope you are wrong but I have to agree with you. Pay on Nov 1st isnt looking very good right now. VA already has me in a financial bind as it is from losing 2/3 of the pay I've been getting for several years. Not getting anything will put me from hot water to boiling!!

I'm not really going to worry about getting paid with regards to gov't shutdown, as I am sure it will get resolved at some point. People may have to wait for money but eventually they will get it, as well as back pay. Don't get me wrong, I hope it never gets to that point.