Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Out There Desire To Change The Process?

Rate this question

PayBack

Question

Hi,

I realize that you all must be laughing hysterically at this post. Thinking that this guy must be joking or extremely naive. Well, I'm not joking, just disgusted. As I browse the internet seeking assistance about veterans issues, I'm really appalled by the injustices that many of us face in our pursuit of benefits. I've decided that I'm going to dedicate a major portion of my time and limited resources to ensuring that this stops. There is NO reason that this process takes so long. Call it apathy or lethargy, take your pick. I call it an " American Tragedy". Our elected officials have the power to change this and with everbodies help, I think we can get them to change it. As long as THEY are creating more disabled veterans every day, they're accountable. We have so many compelling stories, and it's time we informed the world of this treatment. There is no logical reason that any claim can't be completed with 365 days (including appeals). I've been inside VA buildings, they must work smarter and perhaps harder (limiting breaks, internet browsing, chit chat etc...). If there goal were redefined for them and officials held accountable, perhaps we could affect positive outcome. Imposing real disciplinary action on neglectful officials would be a key component in affecting this change. Something as simple as three strikes and your gone. Do away with REMANDing? It wastes time. Simply overrule the previous findings. If a VA official has an original decision or a DRO has their rulings changed 3 times, they gotta go. This may make the actually read the evidence that's before them. We would simply want those involved in the process "Do the Right Thing". No more, No less. If you want to help let me know. I'm very serious. If I have to do it alone, I'll work it till I die. I heard the stories, but until it happened to me, it never hit home. I apologize to all for not taking up the fight sooner. I swear by all that is sacred to me that I will not rest until this issue is resolved. We have an election coming in 2008, if we organize and work smart, perhaps we could use this to our advantage and affect positive change by then. Media, print, internet, we'll need to pool the resources and get real EXPOSURE. I'm very serious, and I hope you are too.

GOD Bless

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

Payback,

I am not discounting your efforts in any way. I am not laughing. I have been giving it my all. I am here, because I am not all there.

The reason that I want Lawyers for Veterans is because after I die, I want my claims to finish and not stop with my death. My family should be treated in the same way as if I were alive. My claims should not stop or be held in suspense, which has been considered and utilized by the VA lengthy process.

This system of "Claims stops with the Veterans Death" is the very reason the system is drawn out the way that it is. What other reason could there be? Kind of like the old Cheech and Chong record, where they are betting on weather the old geezer will make it to the front desk without having a heart attack first.

Nobody has called the VA on mistreatment of Veteran Families. There are only 4 that I know of that are fighting this good fight, and all four are right here on Hadit.

Knight Ridder has exposed the fact that Veterans families don't even know about pensions that they have coming.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington...ge/13468573.htm

I am sorry, that I have so much to say. I have been quite vocal lately.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Mike is right-

I was told by the DAV that my claim had died with my husband.

Luckily I didnt buy that and of course I finally got DIC and also accrued benefits.

If a widow or widower of a veteran does not file the 21-534 within a year after death-they lose all acrued benefits that could have been due the veteran.

The Stars and Stripes published an article I did years ago which is apparently still on the net as to how vet reps and NSO will discourage a widow and then if the widow does find our her rights, the VA is the next battlefield she is put onto. She could have lost accrued by then and could sue the vet rep for it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

We have elections coming up for Congress. Find out who supports improved funding for veterans benefits and vote for them. If the candidate has voted against mandatory funding for health care for vets, for instance, don't vote for them regardless of what else they promise.

Hi,

I realize that you all must be laughing hysterically at this post. Thinking that this guy must be joking or extremely naive. Well, I'm not joking, just disgusted. As I browse the internet seeking assistance about veterans issues, I'm really appalled by the injustices that many of us face in our pursuit of benefits. I've decided that I'm going to dedicate a major portion of my time and limited resources to ensuring that this stops. There is NO reason that this process takes so long. Call it apathy or lethargy, take your pick. I call it an " American Tragedy". Our elected officials have the power to change this and with everbodies help, I think we can get them to change it. As long as THEY are creating more disabled veterans every day, they're accountable. We have so many compelling stories, and it's time we informed the world of this treatment. There is no logical reason that any claim can't be completed with 365 days (including appeals). I've been inside VA buildings, they must work smarter and perhaps harder (limiting breaks, internet browsing, chit chat etc...). If there goal were redefined for them and officials held accountable, perhaps we could affect positive outcome. Imposing real disciplinary action on neglectful officials would be a key component in affecting this change. Something as simple as three strikes and your gone. Do away with REMANDing? It wastes time. Simply overrule the previous findings. If a VA official has an original decision or a DRO has their rulings changed 3 times, they gotta go. This may make the actually read the evidence that's before them. We would simply want those involved in the process "Do the Right Thing". No more, No less. If you want to help let me know. I'm very serious. If I have to do it alone, I'll work it till I die. I heard the stories, but until it happened to me, it never hit home. I apologize to all for not taking up the fight sooner. I swear by all that is sacred to me that I will not rest until this issue is resolved. We have an election coming in 2008, if we organize and work smart, perhaps we could use this to our advantage and affect positive change by then. Media, print, internet, we'll need to pool the resources and get real EXPOSURE. I'm very serious, and I hope you are too.

GOD Bless

Hello Payback:

I am with you 200%. I too am sick and tired of being sick and tired of the system. I've been fighting with VA for 8 years now. I'm currently at 70% and have a claim that's been in almost a year for T&P due to Unemployability.

You can call me personally or email me and we will go from their. My SC is for Chronic Distal Symmetrical Peripheral Polyneuropathy (Complete Nerve Damage in all of my limbs) due to the Gulf War and PTSD. Now my Depression, Anxiety has increased and I've seen two different Psychiatrists and been diagnosed as Bi-polar as well.

We can talk all day but if we don't put action with it, it does no one any good. It's only going to get worse I think if we don't do something. Look at all of the disabled vets that are returning home.

Anyway, I'm with you....personal email address mvalrie42@aol.com...and we'll exchange phone numbers etc. anyone else is welcome to help. I know that real soon the Vets Benefit Commission is having a meeting open to the public in Atlanta; this would be a great start.

Let me know what you want to do and we will go for it.

Michelle

• HadIt.com Elder

What escapes most is that the VA is the same wheter the Democrats are in charge or the Republicans. Lets face it the only way this is going to change is if the Courts make them. Congress is no help nor is the Administration.

I do consider ChampVA for a life a major change but it really does not affect that many. Only beneficiaries over 65 but it is a major change.

Universal Health Care or just giving me ChampVA would make me very happy.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.