VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Saga Continues

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

Ok aside from everything else im battling for, I came to a realization. back in 04 when I fell deathy ill with my service related hepc which at the time was rated at zero percent I was put into a 48 week treatment of chemotherapy that means some very powerful meds that can kill you, and have killed folks., They bring u to the edge of death, to kill the virus. I was very sick most of that year of treatment . incapacitating episodes where I could barely get off the sofa for days, vomiting, 20 lbs weight loss, weakness , tired, abdominal pain, sweating chills,near constant burning diareeha , nausea , depression, rage, ect. I refiled for an increase near the end of my treatment and the va granted comp at 40 percent/. I recently read the regulations, and at least while I was on the chemo, I should have been rated 60 to 100 percent .. ALSO, even if they lowballed me at 60, that would have made me eligible for temporary TDIU. So what I want to know is specifically what I have to do, to try and get my temporary rating of 60 to 100 percent for the year I was being treated.

do I reopen, file a new claim, file a cue claim, file a special claim, ect.

also while I was on the chemo, a side effect is depression, so I was on depression meds for abt a year, and still depressed.

I struggled to pay my bills, and could only do a few service calls a week, and I had to hire my buddy to drive me around because I didnt trust myself, and was scared to faint at the wheel/ I was one sick puppy, and had to work during the hellish treatment of chemo. thse dirty bastards could have told me I was eligible for that compensation. they knew how sick I was my liver enzyme count was over 6.3 million and the liver biopsy said stage 3.5 to 4 out of possible worse 5. liver disease.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• Answers 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

So -- What did they say, as in the entire condition. Can you scan it? It sounds like all they rated you on was removal of one kidney. What about the cancer? What about the scar? What about the adrenal gland? Did they acknowledge it was cancer? Or did they consider it benign?

They did not mention the adrenal gland, they denied the claim for 13 inch scar. ( the denial said the scar was 0.01 mm long and superficial), it was 13 inches long and deep tissue). I will dig out the rating for cancer and type it here.

okie dokey heres what they wrotey

service connection for right nephrectomy due to renal cancer as secondary to the service connected disability of heptits c

we have assigned a 30 percent evaluation for your kidney removal based on :

minumum evaluation assigned for removl of one kidney

a higher evaluation of 60 percent based on renal dysfunction is not warranted unless there is:

constant albuminuria with some edema or

definte decrease in kidney function or

hypertention at least 40 percent disablng under diagnostic code 7101

how can there NOT be a decrease in kidney function, when they removed one of them. ? if you are running 2 pumps in a well, and remove one of them, would not even an idiot realize that function has been decreased?

capacity has been cut in half, so if the intention was 100 percent capacity and 50 percent removed how can the intended function be normal?

whoever dreams up these ratings should be evaluated for mental retardation.

Edited by 63SIERRA

thanks navy wife, they are screwing me, but they will NEVER get one of my sons if I can help it at all. I will sacrifice everyting I dont need, to get my sons into college, or a good tech school so they dont have to join the millitary like I did. Alot of other vets feel the same way that ive spoken with. If this country continues to screw over its soldiers, it will have nobody to do its fighting anymore, and then you know what happens, syria happens, egypt happens, mexico happens, civil unrest runs rampant. it can happen to us. the soldiers turn against the govt, nd factions develop, then all out mutiny.

I have 3 sons and I feel the same way about them going into the military. I want them to have more opportunities than I had. Plus all 3 have the brains that I didn't have. One is already in college and wrestles for Penn State and the other 2 are still in high school. And the baby is a girl and I'll be damned if she goes anywhere near a recruiter!!

I hate to hear you've been through all that.

The millitary has already had to lower thier standards in order to get soldiers to join. Sometimes I wonder if our gooberment doesnt intentionally manipulate the economy, during times of conflict, in order to make joining a more attractive option, to a struggling young person. everytime theres a war, gas goes thru the roof, banks dont want to loan money, interest rates rise, the dollar value plummets.