Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssoc Question?

Rate this question

rep8

Question

Not sure of where to ask this but , when an appeal is remanded to AMC for no SSOC any clues as to how long it takes for one to be in the mail? Its been 20 + days since remand notice from VLJ and nothing yet?

thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Continuing on is about all you really can do at this point . Stand your guard and be ready in a minutes notice when they call your number to perform! You will only have one chance at this so give it your all!

Man I think I am back in?!?

Question: How does a claim without a disputed or appealed SSOC get to the BVA? Question 2. Why wasn't it sent back to the RO for the SSOC to be written? Is there ever a possibility for a procedure CUE?

Stillhere

appeal was certified in July, 2010---VLJ 8-24-2012-back to VSO and back to VLJ on same day-9-7-2012back to VSO till 10-18-13 and back to VLJ. Decision & claims dispatch at AMC on 11-1-13.

Received remand notice 11-9-13. Original claim was filed back in 08 I think or earlier and have been on them back and forth with new evidence and such since. One time they didn't like my letter from private Dr so I get him to write another. They probably didn't like it either.

Graves disease that has now turned into Hypoglycemia, DMII, HBP, depression, colon cancer, got a hernia from colon surgery-got it repaired and during surgery they found throat tumor luckily it was benign. Now have bladder cancer and being treated for that. Haven't filed on any of the cancers yet. Waiting on next denial :-). then they will hear from me again. They will get tired of seeing my claims before this is over.

Edited by rep8

Question: How does a claim without a disputed or appealed SSOC get to the BVA?

Question 2. Why wasn't it sent back to the RO for the SSOC to be written? Is there ever a possibility for a procedure CUE?

Stillhere

This happens more times than we realize and you can see it if you check the BVA search site.

I do not think it would be something to hang a submission of CUE on, but would certainly

be at least a grave procedural error.

The worst thing about this to me is, the additional time the claimant would have to wait

for benefits/compensation, if the issue is granted.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I would like to know how it gets to the VBA without you contacting the RO for the SSOC? I call Peggy at least once every two weeks just to track my claim. I'm trying to see if it's with a team or with a rater or if it's out to be copied...

Sincerely,

Shyne-I

Edited by Shyne-I

tininitis-------flight line crash truck training and several different fire schools on different bases. Used lots of different solvents and such on carrier -flight deck personel 2 1/2 years. 2 cruises to

Vietnam in the wonderful bluewater navy .

Started having thyroid problems shortly after active duty. I'm after the graves disease and

several others at this time. Not holding my breadth but not gona quit either. Didn't even know I could file until 2002 when I started going to VAMC for medical care. Rule change for presumption knocked me

in the head. Not happy with my Uncle Sam right now.