Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My Unemployability Back

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

count me as one of the veterand who did not get the form to fill out for 2013. i find out today quite by accident they have removed it. i know i can get it back but its a pain. plz help. thank you.

This is really one of those many issues that we are at the mercy of the "system" as it exists today. You and I can take all the precautions in the world but there is too much room for error. Even if we mail the form and pay for tracking & a return receipt, whats to say it

1) doesn't get lost in their mail room or by careless handling?

2) doesn't get processed for weeks or longer, AFTER the VA already has started action to reduce?

The process to reduce once it is started is not an easy thing to stop. Go back and read many of the shared experiences in this topic alone for proof. By the time someone's mess gets straightened out (often months later) it may be too late for some thanks to the negative financial consequences it has caused.

I know what the laws/regs say about the VA having to notify a vet before taking action...but how does that help someone who has their address correct in their system but never truly receives the VA notification letter of intent to reduce? Seems like an ugly pandora's box with negative implications to me.

We can only take so many steps to prevent disaster yet even if you drive the form to the RO and get it time/date stamped you cannot be sure it gets processed.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

This is really one of those many issues that we are at the mercy of the "system" as it exists today. You and I can take all the precautions in the world but there is too much room for error. Even if we mail the form and pay for tracking & a return receipt, whats to say it

1) doesn't get lost in their mail room or by careless handling?

2) doesn't get processed for weeks or longer, AFTER the VA already has started action to reduce?

The process to reduce once it is started is not an easy thing to stop. Go back and read many of the shared experiences in this topic alone for proof. By the time someone's mess gets straightened out (often months later) it may be too late for some thanks to the negative financial consequences it has caused.

I know what the laws/regs say about the VA having to notify a vet before taking action...but how does that help someone who has their address correct in their system but never truly receives the VA notification letter of intent to reduce? Seems like an ugly pandora's box with negative implications to me.

We can only take so many steps to prevent disaster yet even if you drive the form to the RO and get it time/date stamped you cannot be sure it gets processed.

LC

could not have said it better myself. but let me ask, is it possible this is a computer snafu? someone entered something by mistake? with the va, anything is possible, ya know!

Very possible that's what happened. Hope you can speak with someone at the VA, maybe at your RO (NOT PEGGY!) that can clear this up fast for you.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Very possible that's what happened. Hope you can speak with someone at the VA, maybe at your RO (NOT PEGGY!) that can clear this up fast for you.

LC

thanks lc. by the way, my intials are lc! :-)

let me ask this. if there was a reduction letter (even if i didn't receive it), wouldn't it have to be in my record some place? you would think that would be yes.

Edited by iceturkee

Sure...but that wouldn't necessarily mean that they SENT you any required notification. Also...the first time I requested/screened the record the VA had on me I found a 2 page document belonging to another vet in MY file...amazing, huh? Yeah, had THEIR ssn and name on it yet somehow, it managed to get in MY file. Mistakes happen...part of life I suppose. I'd talk with someone in person at your RO even if it is a major inconvenience to you. This is important!

LC

Edited by Loose Cannon

LOOSE CANNON