Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My Unemployability Back

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

count me as one of the veterand who did not get the form to fill out for 2013. i find out today quite by accident they have removed it. i know i can get it back but its a pain. plz help. thank you.

I thought this was changed this year to help reduce paperwork? VA should be able to get your employability infor and dependent information from your tax forms, and is working to do so. A year ago they were supposed to start doing this on pension forms, but maybe they included IU verification in it this year.

I believe that at this time it is only for pension.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has wanted to get rid of TDIU for years. It has always been the policy of the VA that vets who cannot work due to SC condition should be compensated at the 100% rate. This would be a fundamental change in VA policy and even our half-ass VSO's would go to the wall for it I think. A few years ago any person with a mental disorder who could not work got 100% scheduler. That is the way it should be again IMO.

John

The VA has wanted to get rid of TDIU for years. It has always been the policy of the VA that vets who cannot work due to SC condition should be compensated at the 100% rate. This would be a fundamental change in VA policy and even our half-ass VSO's would go to the wall for it I think. A few years ago any person with a mental disorder who could not work got 100% scheduler. That is the way it should be again IMO.

John

and that's the way it should be. i'm onl;y 40 percent for my back. but i have problems from my neck to my behind. osteo arthritis, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, spinap stenosis, foraminal stenosis, a slipped vertabrae and herniated discs. i also have inflammatory arthritis on top of that, which of course makes it worse. i have been trying to get just to 50 percent but i don't meet the criteria. the va has declared me wheelchair bound due to my spinal problems and the rheumatoid.

that said john, i would appreciate any more advice on how to proceed, given that i have not received any notification from the va. thanks very much.

count me as one of the veterand who did not get the form to fill out for 2013. i find out today quite by accident they have removed it. i know i can get it back but its a pain. plz help. thank you.

I just went through this myself with it taking 10 months to get mine fixed (which actually only took less than 24 hrs once I got ahold of the right person). I was going through American Legion but that ended up being a joke. This what you need to do...print out the form and fill it out and hand deliver it to your RO if at all possible. If you can't deliver it then I would fax it that way you have a time stamp (just to cover your own ass) then I'd make a copy and send it in by mail. Having a copy of mine with the fax time stamp on it is what saved me. Stay on top of it with your RO and make sure it gets in the computer.

I just went through this myself with it taking 10 months to get mine fixed (which actually only took less than 24 hrs once I got ahold of the right person). I was going through American Legion but that ended up being a joke. This what you need to do...print out the form and fill it out and hand deliver it to your RO if at all possible. If you can't deliver it then I would fax it that way you have a time stamp (just to cover your own ass) then I'd make a copy and send it in by mail. Having a copy of mine with the fax time stamp on it is what saved me. Stay on top of it with your RO and make sure it gets in the computer.

thank you. that was my plan to fax it from the va since i am not close to the ro. and make a copies foir myself. and send certified to ro.

Edited by iceturkee