Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Had A Ptsd Exam With A Civilian Dr. For Ssdi?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Received a letter today informing me that in Feb I have a PTSD evaluation with a Civilian Dr. for my SSDI claim. Now why would they send me to a Civilian Dr. when I have been diagnosed with PTSD for 5 years by 5 military DRs, 3 months in Civilian Mental Hospital, and I am currently being treated by VA with multiple Meds and going to 16 week PTSD Trauma Treatment. I am so nervous, I can not stand a VA C&P, yet here I go with Civilian Docs. I know that some hate the Military and others have a lot of respect for Veterans. I am just so nervous and want to be done with all this crap. Sorry for rambling on guys.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mother,

I had hired Binder and Binder at first, around Sep 13. They were worthless and never answered my calls. So I fired them and I hired my Twin Brother's attorneys in Tyler, Tx. They were very nice but again from Sep-Nov 2013 they had not filed my SSDI claim with the SSA. So I finally got ahold of them a day before Thanksgiving, and their Secretary, a very nice lady that had just retired from the SSA after 37 years, and she told me to go ahead and file the SSDI claim online. So I did that, and have been gathering all the evidence myself. The lawyer called and told me that they would make a few hundred dollars on my claim, if I presently got approved, WTH. So I said screw it and will do all the work myself and if I win, I will just give them their couple hundred dollars and tell them to go to hell.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Personally, I'd never retain one of the large national law firms to handle a SS claim. They have hundreds of clients and you'll get lost in the crowd. I looked for a local attorney with a long track record. The person I hired had gone to law school locally, praticed SS law for 30 plus years locally, and knows the ALJs and SS personel. He knows the drill and what to expect. I've received excellent service and advice. These types of lawyers depend on word of mouth client referrals and results versus multimillion dollar ad campaigns.

Edited by AmicusBrief

I have been denied SSD twice with 50% PTSD. Now 100% P&T. Waiting on Hearing, praying for decision based on 100%. Fired Binder&Binder. Totally worthless in my case.

Tougher to get SSDI but by all means NOT impossible. Main difference is that Social Security (disability determination service) must find you incapable of maintaining gainful employment. Refer to their webpage for their current definitions & standards.

The 2 govt agencies are supposed to work together and share / exchange your info...don't count on it happening. Take all excellent evidence that you supplied to the VA in getting to 100% P&T and ensure it is received by your local ss office for processing by the dds.

Good luck...you CAN win this with solid evidence.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Thanks guys for all your input. I had my SSDI physical appointment on 2/1/14. I don't know how it went. I had a nice Nurse, then a Doc that just went over my Medical Info, then finally a Dr that looked over my notes and did some ROM measurements. He is a young Doc, and in the Army National Guard. I had all my Medical Evidence and recent MRIs. He took them and made copies. I don't know what to think of the Doc. He didn't say much, and I could not figure him out. I hope it went well. Now I just wait and see. Then today my FDC claim that I submitted in Sep 2013 finally went to the Gathering of Evidence claim. I am so stressed with these two pending claims. I just need one to go well, and then I will fight for the other. God Bless to all!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus

10% Scars