VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Had A Ptsd Exam With A Civilian Dr. For Ssdi?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Received a letter today informing me that in Feb I have a PTSD evaluation with a Civilian Dr. for my SSDI claim. Now why would they send me to a Civilian Dr. when I have been diagnosed with PTSD for 5 years by 5 military DRs, 3 months in Civilian Mental Hospital, and I am currently being treated by VA with multiple Meds and going to 16 week PTSD Trauma Treatment. I am so nervous, I can not stand a VA C&P, yet here I go with Civilian Docs. I know that some hate the Military and others have a lot of respect for Veterans. I am just so nervous and want to be done with all this crap. Sorry for rambling on guys.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If the SSA awards you solely for the PTSD ,that will be excellent evidence for requesting an award of TDIU from the VA (paid at the 100% rate of comp

IF ...a big IF the VA diagnoses you with PTSD or did already.

You will get through it OK.

I have been diagnosed from the VA since last year, and that is one of my SC disabilities. I have an FDC in currently to increase PTSD along with other SC issues. Thanks guys, I feel like we have to be an Attorney when we go infront of the Medical field, when they have all the evidence in front of them

When I went to see the SSD doctor, I waited for over 1 hour and a 1/2 , and I carried a 8 inch thick binder with VA and Civilian medical records. When I was finally called in to see him, he said he didn't have to see my documents, so I figured he had a copy of them, which he didn't, and he didn't care to overlook mine copies either. Anyway, the entire meeting lasted a whooping 5-7 minutes. A few weeks later I received a letter telling me I was denied for SSD. That's when I decided to go with Binder and Binder, and several months later I had a court hearing with a SSD Judge. He told me that he was approving me for my benefits, and I would get my verification letter in the mail within 2 weeks, which I did. Man was I happy, because it was such a stressful time for me. I sure hope your experience isn't as bad, or as long as mine.

Good Luck.

Berta makes a great point regarding a possible future TDIU claim, depending on your SSDI decision.

Don't feel like the SS system is picking on you...They pretty much do this to everyone who applies! What amazes me is how anyone truly worthy of SSDI ends up getting approved without a lawyer or a masters degree!!

My stepdaughter has an appointment similar to the one you are going to. She was diagnosed at age 5 with autism and has a stack of treatment records as thick as a NYC phone book. Yet to get approval for SSI, this appointment is SOP. Not much we can do except grin and bear it.

Best of luck to you bro & hang tough...you'll get what you are entitled to.

LC

I went and applied for SSDI on my 50% disability for PTSD. I was told straight up once I sat down with the interviewer that I made to much money. I never got a chance to say anything except BS. never looked at my VA report. so good luck with yours