Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Jurisdiction For Scheduling C&p's

Rate this question

shakeyswife

Question

When a claim is farmed out, which VARO has the responsibility in requesting the C&P exams? Home or Away?

My husband has had two C&P's by QTC and the heading of the letter to schedule these exams were from Washington. He still has deferred claims in which a C&P needs to be scheduled. The temporary office of jurisdiction is Denver and our VARO is Winston/Salem. A request was for an exam was put in on December 18, when the rating decision was also made for hearing and tinnitus. An inquiry to IRIS only tells me to be patient and they were waiting for the medical facility, well we know that was BS, because we called QTC and the C&P office and they had not received any info to schedule an appointment. So back to the inquiry and correct them on this then they ask us to be patient for them to put in a request for the exam.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by shakeyswife

Got an answer. The exam request was sent from Denver to Winston/Salem.

Do all c&p exam requests in the end need to come from Washington? ie as stated on the letter when they scheduled the c&p's for QTC to complete.

all depends on what type of claim he submitted when he got out. Could of been a BDD, Quick Start, Fully Developed Claim or sent in as a normal claim. They all have their own requirements.

When a claim is being reviewed (normally during the development phase) the reviewer(s) will determine what disabilities need to be further evaluated and/or examined. They then send the request to the C/P examiner or the QTC. Once they receive the request, they then schedule the appointments.

I found that if I ask for specific details in my IRIS they tend to give you a more accurate and detailed answer. Sometimes it may take 2-3 replies to their original IRIS answer but in the long run, I've been more successful at getting a personal answer rather than the "cut & paste" versions of what they try to dismiss our question with.

Stay on them until you get a satisfactory answer. That's thy the IRIS is there.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

We just received a notice from the Denver Varo, stating that they asked the VAMC in Asheville to schedule the exam. We were even told by our VSO that Winston Salem is the one who schedules the C&P's and not the temporary office of jurisdiction. This is for a deferred DBQ claim for Parkinson's. So to stay on top of it, called VAMC in Asheville and they said that QTC will be doing the exam. Now we wait for them to schedule the exam. At least something is happening. Where does the final say so come from? The temporary office that develops the claims or does your home VARO adjudicate the claim. Winston Salem is less on errors than Denver, so we have been told.

Here is the where the fun really starts, if your claim was farmed out to Denver then they should have your C-file. For a proper C&P your c-file needs to be present, but it is in Denver half way accross the USA! As I understand it (I can be wrong), that newer claims are being worked in an entirely digital format/environment.

Best regards,