Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lesson Learned Yesterday

Rate this question

usdart

Question

My 3rd vist with the VA Psych and about 3/4 of the way through it and she asks "so how is your health? Pretty good?

My resonse was

'you mean other than nightmares, sleep apnea, ear aches, tinitus, headaces, acid reflux, and emotional problems?'.

Good thing I read somewhere to be careful how you resond to these folks. They write everything you say down and sometimes 'out of context'. I was begining to be comfortable with her, now that's gone, like everyone else she is the same as all the others. Never trust anyone and avoid people every time you can.

I am really bummed out now because I am sure she is not trying to help ME, but trip me up and make me say things I should not. I am afraid to tell the total truth to anyone, They will take my freedom away or other terrible things and cause me more harm than good.

I told her I hate word games and hate arguing or debating and avoid these at ALL costs. I will agree, fold or leave everytime.

Thanks Veterans Administration for adding to my troubles and causing me to do everything I can to avoid people and be anti-social.

• HadIt.com Elder

I read my VA shrink's notes. She seems like a nice lady. However, I read the report and I see "good eye contact, well groomed, speech is logical , no agitation etc". This is after I complain about not being able to sleep and having nightmares. I think linking our shrink sessions to compensation does poison out relationship. This is why I get real therapy from private shrink. He has no ax to grind and everything I say will not be used against me.

What is the part that you did not want noted? Those are reliable facts for any doctor to learn about your health. What was "out of context"?

What freedom are you afraid of losing?

Why avoid people?

It does not help your case to hide in a corner and not communicate to build trust.

Edited by stinger

What is the part that you did not want noted? Those are reliable facts for any doctor to learn about your health. What was "out of context"?

What freedom are you afraid of losing?

Why avoid people?

It does not help your case to hide in a corner and not communicate to build trust.

I had already discussed all my ailments so she KNOWS how my health is. We also went over my mental problems and She has me reading the PTSD work book. If I had said I was in good health because that moment I felt OK, She would have noted I was OK without a disclaimer that it is not my normal state. I have heard they will take over your finances, take your guns, and who knows what else the Goverment can do these days.

It may not help my case to hide and avoid,but, I feel better alone. My feeling good is so rare that I protect it the way that is best for me. I don't give a darn about people even if they "can Help" they don't really care. It chaps my hide when people are sneaky and underhanded for thier own pourposes.

Not everyone thinks like you do, so I hope this helps explain my tiny brain.

I read my VA shrink's notes. She seems like a nice lady. However, I read the report and I see "good eye contact, well groomed, speech is logical , no agitation etc". This is after I complain about not being able to sleep and having nightmares. I think linking our shrink sessions to compensation does poison out relationship. This is why I get real therapy from private shrink. He has no ax to grind and everything I say will not be used against me.

I wish I had the $$ for a private shrink.

The reports I read are very similar to yours, good eye contact, dressed appropriately, logical etc. All this after I told her I was having trouble finding words to describe the answers She asked. I also told her I was extremely nervous when talking to even Her! None of this was noted in my file. This is selective editing of our sessions.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, Dart, that is a fact. I talk too much too my VA shrink at times. I talked about some arguments the wife and I had over some minor BS. That showed up in her report and in my GAF under "patient reports ongoing problems with his wife and marital discord". That may be used against me one day. Many years ago I mention to VA shrink that I had a scuffle with someone. That was used to try and brand me a sociopath, so you have to watch what you say. They do put a positive spin on us. I have current GAF of 60 and I have been IU P&T for 13 years. I am glad they are throwing out the GAF as a measure. I have never had a real psychological testing in 30 years. Just words from VA shrinks.

Stinger

You are a young grasshopper so I won't say much about your post. You must be a young grasshopper to say what you said about "Why avoid people". That is one of the main symptoms of PTSD.

You are a young grasshopper so I won't say much about your post. You must be a young grasshopper to say what you said about "Why avoid people". That is one of the main symptoms of PTSD.

I did not want to be appear confrontational with anyone so I didn't say what you did to this nice person. Anyone who knows PTSD symptoms should already know this. Maybe reading a little would help before we respond or advise. Please do not think I have a problem with anything ANYONE says. I appreciate very much the feedback and conversation.