Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lesson Learned Yesterday

Rate this question

usdart

Question

My 3rd vist with the VA Psych and about 3/4 of the way through it and she asks "so how is your health? Pretty good?

My resonse was

'you mean other than nightmares, sleep apnea, ear aches, tinitus, headaces, acid reflux, and emotional problems?'.

Good thing I read somewhere to be careful how you resond to these folks. They write everything you say down and sometimes 'out of context'. I was begining to be comfortable with her, now that's gone, like everyone else she is the same as all the others. Never trust anyone and avoid people every time you can.

I am really bummed out now because I am sure she is not trying to help ME, but trip me up and make me say things I should not. I am afraid to tell the total truth to anyone, They will take my freedom away or other terrible things and cause me more harm than good.

I told her I hate word games and hate arguing or debating and avoid these at ALL costs. I will agree, fold or leave everytime.

Thanks Veterans Administration for adding to my troubles and causing me to do everything I can to avoid people and be anti-social.

My two cents and I said this before--

My experience with the team of VA professionals helping me with my PTSD issues have been stellar! From the very first encounter when I walked myself into the ER for help has saved my life and given me a different perspective. In no way am I saying they cured me but they sure have helped. I think there are times when we try to connect the VA claims process with the VA healthcare system and that's not necessarily fair.

If you don't feel comfortable with your current doc you should seek another. The important thing is to STAY in treatment...JMHO.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Me........confrontational? Well, perhaps at times. I often feel pushed around and crapped on. This might be part of my problem, or it might be world full of idiots. The question is A: My Problem or B: World of idiots. I don't want to step on your post, Dart, since I know you are looking for help.

John

My two cents and I said this before--

My experience with the team of VA professionals helping me with my PTSD issues have been stellar! From the very first encounter when I walked myself into the ER for help has saved my life and given me a different perspective. In no way am I saying they cured me but they sure have helped. I think there are times when we try to connect the VA claims process with the VA healthcare system and that's not necessarily fair.

If you don't feel comfortable with your current doc you should seek another. The important thing is to STAY in treatment...JMHO.

LC

She is the only game in town. I already changed my Regular Health Team after I got sideways with the old one. It must be ME that is the problem and I struggle mightily to do and say the right things. I wish I could give up and just go away somewhere and live alone. I would if I had the $$ to escape. Problems at work and home and everywhere I go tells me it is ME. I am desperately trying to cope and no one seems to really want to help and they COULD. I don't know how they could (or I would do it) but they could at least be honest and forthright with me. I have no friends except here on this board. The folke here seem to be for the most part in a similar condition and really understand.

The help I need is here more than the VA.

Dart,

You are in a good place when you come here. I wish you could find someone you trust enough to believe they would hold your conversations in confidence. Too many want to make a case out of each patient and use it for their benefit. Feel comfortable in coming here and discussing what is on your mind. Sometimes just expressing your self is some help.

PM me if you want a private ear.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dart

I have been where you are. I was 10% for 15 years and was basically unemployable. The VA just crapped all over me. I used the VSO's and they helped not one bit. When I got on the net and found Hadit things began to change. Ist is not "You". I was joking about my being confrontational. With the VA you are always in a confrontation if you ask for anything tangible.

Dart,

You are in a good place when you come here. I wish you could find someone you trust enough to believe they would hold your conversations in confidence. Too many want to make a case out of each patient and use it for their benefit. Feel comfortable in coming here and discussing what is on your mind. Sometimes just expressing your self is some help.

PM me if you want a private ear.

Ditto!! Could not have said it better than stinger. I share your feelings...Maybe someday we can buy us an island somewhere in the middle of the ocean. You and I can share it by splitting it in half! Hang tough!

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html