Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Small Success, Also Some Good Info

Rate this topic

boomer2

This may be a little long but I want to make sure I give you all the details.

In June of 2010 I filed for an increase in HL, In Sept of 2010 I had my C & P and unknown to me the audiologist stopped the test never told me. Well I was denied so, I filed a NOD in Jan of 2011. around the last quarter of 2011 I went to the audio dept and complained that my HA's were not working properly. The lady checked them and said they seem to be functioning properly, she then checked my hearing and told me I needed a full audio test. I got that in 2012 and got new HA's. Fast forward to April of 2013 I get another C & P from the NOD I filed.

OK here is where it gets interesting. A couple of days after the C & P I went to the FOIA office and picked up a copy of the C & P. I found a mistake on the numbers the audiologist used to put on the C & P. She had used the 2012 numbers. I called her and explained it to her and she checked it and told me yes! she had made a mistake and that she would send in an addendum to the C & P to correct it. Now the 2012 numbers would have increased me to 20% but the 2013 numbers will give me 30%.

OK in Dec of 2013 I got my NOD answered and in the SOC they gave me 20%. So I'm thinking to myself wonder how long this is going to take to correct. I went to my VFW VSO and showed her all the evidence and she said wait just a minute. She got on the phone and called the VFW office in St. Pete which I guess is collocated with the VARO. Well long story short she contacted the rater and gave him the evidence and he agreed. Now here is the kicker he said that I can't get rated back to 2010 because the current disability was established in April of 2013 (he even went to the director of the VARO). He said that if I had not had any audio test between when I filed the claim and the new C& P it would probably have gone back 2010.

It really wouldn't mean a lot of retro because I'm a retiree and I'll get retro back to April of 2013 because that is when I will go to 50%. So if any of you are trying to get an increase in HL be careful when you get any audio tests done.

P.S. I can't say enough about the VFW they got that corrected very quickly and I mean quick about a week total.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Killemall

I was rated 10% for tinnitus and 0% for HL. In May of last year I got 20% for DM II so with the 30% I'll be at 50%. Of course I just filed a claim for PC which I got diagnosed with in Dec. so I guess I'll be at 100% for awhile at least a year and half I start EBRT tomorrow for 43 treatments and I have to take Lupron for a year.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use