Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus Approved - 13 Years Later.

Rate this topic

K9MAL

In 2001 I had my initial C&P exam. I was approved for 30% Migraine/tension headaches, 30% R Shoulder, 10% Right Knee and 10% Right Ankle. However, I was shot down for tinnitus. I decided to apply for it again since I'm trying to raise a few percentages and get some other things looked at that are connected to my time in service.

Just had my hearing test last week and received a copy of the report today… "At least as likely as not (50% probability or greater) caused by or a result of military noise exposure."

It doesn't change my 60% rating but it's nice to finally have them have it marked appropriately.

Edited to add: My DAV Rep told me NOT to contest the results back then because I shouldn't "rock the boat" and possibly get a decrease on something else.

Edited by K9MAL

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K9MAL - Good on you!

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use