Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Approved By Dro

Rate this topic

MRRRR5

Hello Hadit family.

just a quick update; received the big brown envelope (BBE) last friday that was a SOC to my NOD; however, within the SOC there was a concurrent DRO review (on page 3 that I almost missed!)

Behavioral health (BH) appeal on DRO review went from 10 to 50 with an effective date for last month, which should have been Sep 2008.

Anyway, sent the Form 9 back contending the E-date should be Sep 2008 and explained why, using 38 CFR 4.2 language on BH examines with different examiners, and how the first BH examine was incorrect as the examiner left out much data that was discussed with him; the second exam (done by QTC by the way) was very accurate and captured my challenges that should have been listed in the first exam report.

Just check the acct today and they must have accepted my argument as more than high 5 figures have been deposited.

I'm tired and feel really depressed if that make any sense right about now because of what I had to go through.

Thanks to all the members here for their help as I have come here to this site for much of my information as well as gathering information that I use to assist others.

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

Congrtats , you deserve it !!! I was told by my Rep that my DRO will have my appeal done by the end of the month. It has been a long wait and it is exhausting. Im obsessing about it now.

"I'm tired and feel really depressed if that make any sense right about now because of what I had to go through."

That makes complete sense to many of us Mrrrr5...we win a battle and then get battle fatigue....

But you did VERY well!!!!!

I am a little confused by this:

"Behavioral health (BH) appeal on DRO review went from 10 to 50 with an effective date for last month, which should have been Sep 2008."

Did you succeed in an additional contention that granted the high 5 figure award?

I hope you treat yourself to something real good and that you try to relax and enjoy this victory!........

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Congrats,

You as well as all on here deserve every dime we get. It will never come close to what we went thru, but it sure helps. God bless all and hope you guys have a good weekend.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars