VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's Like They Want Us To Go Nuts.....

Rate this question

StreetWalker

Question

Portland RO had my claim in April 2013. I have a letter from my VSO stating the claim was submitted in April. VA has claim date as middle of May. Claim went to Prep for Decision and was kicked back to gathering of evidence. Had the C&P exams and the doctor stated my back conditions prevents any employment. RO received these results three days after the C&P. I know it's only been close to three weeks since the C&P exam but the claim is still sitting in Gathering of Evidence. If past experience is any guide it will sit there for around 30-40 days and jump to Pending Decision Approval. I sure hope this is the case as I'd like to have that TDIU decision in hand before the end of April for tax reasons. I'm betting I'll have to fight the effective date issue in an appeal. Just seems to me that once they have decided they need new evidence and the evidence is received that the claim should have a slight bump in priority. Please just ignore my rants I'm in one of those foul moods today.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Street,

I have heard a lot of good things about the VA in Oregon. I guess it does help that Oregon is a state with few veterans, Hawaii is pretty fast too. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ur Title Name on here, couldn't be a better name for us struggling veterans. I always tell people that I feel like a Blind Man looking for Happiness in the Dark

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The VA says they care about vets. Their definition of care is different than our definition of care. Abe Lincoln is rolling over in his grave...