Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Today Was The Day

Rate this topic

TNengland

So I called my VSO to find out why my retro has not been paid out yet. He then called the appeal center and was told that they are holding out to paying the retro until the TDIU exam was complete because they think my percentage will increase. When I mentioned to my VSO about the VA fast letter 10-02, he stated that when DRO thinks that the percentage will increase they typically don't pay the retro until the final decision. I guess I should be happy about this but I am having mixed feeling due to the fact that the DRO is not the one making the final decision. So, unless he can see the future how does he know that my percentage will go up? The TDIU exam is on the first of April so maybe this will be done sooner than I think and just a little more patience is all I need.

post-traumatic stress disorder (also claimed as anxiety and depression) 70% Service-Connected PTSD

traumatic brain injury with headaches 50% Service-Connected

secondary.gif tinnitus claimed as ringing in the ears 10% Service-Connected

Individual Unemployability Permanent & Total

Congrats, TNengland! I hope you're victorious on the IU claim.

100% - Tricuspid regurgitation (claimed as cardiovascular disease, cardiomyopathy, and RVF), 60% - Pulmonary Vascular Disease
40% - Chronic venous stasis edema, right lower extremity, 40% - Chronic venous stasis edema, left lower extremity, 30% - Depressive Disorder

0% - scar, right leg ulceration, 0% - scar, left leg ulceration, 0% - scar secondary to pulmonary embolization, status post inferior cava filter implantation

0% - SMC (K-1) loss of use of a creative organ, SMC (S-1) - Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i)

• 5 weeks later...

Called my VSO to check on the status of my remanded appeal from the BVA. He told me it is now with the CAVC. How is this possible? The BVA has not made a final decision yet. I am so confused about the sequence of events that has to happen for an appeal, even though I have tried to enlighten myself on the entire path and process of an appeal and even a remanded appeal just to have a good idea.

I guess this thread needs to be moved out of success stories.

Edited by TNengland

post-traumatic stress disorder (also claimed as anxiety and depression) 70% Service-Connected PTSD

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE ! Called my VSO to find out the decision made on 4/24. PTSD 70% , TBI 50% TDIU granted Permanent & Total.

Now to wait for the official word.

Edited by TNengland

YES!

Congrats!!!!!!! maybe best to start checking the bank account if you have direct deposit.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use