Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Today Was The Day

Rate this topic

TNengland

So I called my VSO to find out why my retro has not been paid out yet. He then called the appeal center and was told that they are holding out to paying the retro until the TDIU exam was complete because they think my percentage will increase. When I mentioned to my VSO about the VA fast letter 10-02, he stated that when DRO thinks that the percentage will increase they typically don't pay the retro until the final decision. I guess I should be happy about this but I am having mixed feeling due to the fact that the DRO is not the one making the final decision. So, unless he can see the future how does he know that my percentage will go up? The TDIU exam is on the first of April so maybe this will be done sooner than I think and just a little more patience is all I need.

• 5 weeks later...

Called my VSO to check on the status of my remanded appeal from the BVA. He told me it is now with the CAVC. How is this possible? The BVA has not made a final decision yet. I am so confused about the sequence of events that has to happen for an appeal, even though I have tried to enlighten myself on the entire path and process of an appeal and even a remanded appeal just to have a good idea.

I guess this thread needs to be moved out of success stories.

Edited by TNengland

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE ! Called my VSO to find out the decision made on 4/24. PTSD 70% , TBI 50% TDIU granted Permanent & Total.

Now to wait for the official word.

Edited by TNengland

YES!

Congrats!!!!!!! maybe best to start checking the bank account if you have direct deposit.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use