VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Denied - Reconsideration Meeting

Rate this question

thomasc

Question

So I was denied TDIU back in Oct. 2013, and my VSO (Dec. 2013) recommended a reconsideration and requested a meeting with the rater. Today(Feb.2014), I received a letter from the VA with a meeting scheduled for next week. My VSO said I don't need to bring anything and not to worry if they bring up incompetency, but I don't feel like being ambushed. I don't want to be caught off guard or give the VA any ammo to use against me.

So the Question is: Has anyone been through this? what was the outcome of your meeting? any other advise is appreciated, Thanks.

Edited by thomasc

I would give this another week or so and if no results ,Send your Congressman/Senators a letter, telling them that and give them your C file number on it.

The congresscritters will send you a form to fill out giving them permission to check your VA info.That will take a few weeks.

But meantime send the VARO a copy of the letter ,in support of your claim, or attach it to an IRIS complaint.

Still not enough time has passed to really think this is a stall... but I wonder...aren't SSA records and requests handled electronically these days.? which should be faster than the older way VA did this.

Hey Qwiksting,

I never really looked at my Army awards because I really didn't care with PTSD and all, but a couple weeks ago decided to take a look. I gathered them all together and went down to the VA regional office, and asked them if they had copies of my Army awards, but they didn't. So they added them to my record, not sure if it helped but it made me wonder how they could be missing so much information. It was more evidence in support of my PTSD claim as the narratives described events and combat, might have helped speed up reconsideration, not sure but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Edited by thomasc

Hello USMC_HVEQ,

I have been dealing with sleep problems for years, and after much asking (2 years) VA approved a sleep study with sleep center contractor. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and provided a CPAP by VA hospital, and reopened my claim for sleep apnea but was denied service connection. The Doctor who did the sleep study won't write any letters in support of my claim as VA paid for the study.

In January I met a Gulf War Vet, who told me about a Doctor able to provide IMEs for PTSD and Sleep apnea. He said that the local VetCenter refers Veterans to her for PTSD when their traumas are questionable. So I called to schedule an appointment and since I am already service connect for PTSD and just needed Sleep apnea IME given a reduced fee.

So I'd recommend calling your local VetCenter an asking if they have a Doctor they refer Vets to for IMEs, or you can go in for counseling and tell them your situation. Sometimes asking for help with claims is a touchy subject, so take it slow. VetCenters are a branch of the VA, but seem willing to help with claims. There are other Vets there who can also share there experience, group counseling.

I hope this helps, sometimes it just takes asking the right person!

Edited by thomasc