Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Malware Threat

Rate this question

Berta

Question

This am ,while here, I got 3 pops up ads. (I had disabled pop ups long ago)

Then my Avasti sent me this warning three times:

Infection Blocked

URL:

http://a.marketingnets.com/a?url

Infection:

URL:Mal

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I used a lot of Super Equipment when I worked at the DIA in DC, and I know for a fact that Tracking Cookies is when a websites advertising companies try to seek info from our computers. A lot of days when I get on Hadit, this will be the only site I am on. My computer has a lot of software that I used in the Navy. I cant see Hadit admin, as great as the site is, admitting that their companies advertising on sites are seeking our location. We all know that is part of any site, free or not, that gets by with ads.

Most likely, Berta, it is NOT hadit which caused your security issues, but other sites. There are some things you can do. First, make sure you are up to date with Windows updates, as well as flash updates. One thing I check is to see how many processes are running. Right click your taskbar and click

"Start Task Manager". Then look at how many "processes" you are running.

I like to keep this number, when running nothing else, below 60. Your computer will bog down with too many processes running. It also indicates malware. You can google each suspicious process and likely determine if its malware, and, what to do about it if it is.

I usually reload my operating system about once a year. Good maintenance on your computer is at least as important as good maintenance on your home or car.

Right, it certainly is NOT hadit......but I only got it when I came on board here the other day and not on any other regular sites I use.

I ate all my cookies long ago....I dont think it is a cookie problem.

I just emailed Tbird that is was possibly a false positive hit.

I had a neighbor calling me up from time to time because she was continually getting infections and viruses.

Every time this happened I asked her if she had finally got some good security program on her PC (I have 3 or 4)

and she still had not done that last time she called.

We cant be cheap when it comes to having good security on our PCs and any approriate updates.