VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean?

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

I am sifting through all my progress notes finding some anomalies which are going to help on my appeals. Back in 2011 I had a Coronary CTA examination on my heart and I guess the arteries and such. All that was clear and fine but the radiologist noted something that is kind of bothering me about my thoracic spine:

It reads "There are is subchondral areas of sclerosis involving mid vertebral body endplates."

Then on the findings it reads "Endplate sclerosis involving mid thoracic vertebral bodies likely degenerative however if there is underlying malignancy or clinical concern bone scan imaging may be helpful."

Please do not tell me this is the same as MS or ALS or something similar to these two. Help? My thoracic spine is torn up really bad and I have more pain there than any other place on my body. Feels like somebody has a flame on there and burning it. Appreciate any feedback and help.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

never mind its not MS or even ALS nor anything that comes close to it. WHEW!!!

Subchondral bone is the layer of bone just below the cartilage. With osteoarthritis, there is increased blood flow and other changes that develop in the subchondral layer -- including subchondral sclerosis, subchondral cyst formation, and increased pressure within the bone -- all of which contribute to osteoarthritis pain.

I have OA From C2 down to S1 so its because of the OA....I don't have any cyst either.

Feel for you! I have significant thoracic spine issues, and we get to add stenosis to the "official List".

Nothing quite like sneezing to give you a real appreciation for pain eah!

• HadIt.com Elder

I have some stenosis in my cervical spine. It causes some numbness and severe pain running into my left shoulder. However, the cure suggested involves spine surgery with screws and brackets in my neck. I also got differing opinions from several doctors. So am I going to just throw the dice and take a chance......no,no, I won't go to rehab!

Sorry to see you going through that mess of yours. Wish I would have caught this post earlier, I could have told you this was not MS or ALS. I have had MS since 1990 and it is a different type of sclerosis than you are experiencing. Glad to see you figured it out though that it is not MS or ALS, however hope who ever sees you can eventually find a way to fix or relieve your condition. Good luck!!

• In Memoriam

First time I have ever heard of a sneeze causing a problem.

I sneezed and like a deer shot through the heart I was paralized and down on the ground. Ambulance took me to the VA emergency. The neurologist said that it was gerd.

I got so pissed and shoved the patients rights int there nose and said I wanted a regular cardio-vascular doctor to look at the findings because I had a stroke three weeks prior.

The new doc told me it wasn't gerd at all, and that the paralisis was from the myelopathy and injury in my neck. I am going for the operation of screws and metal in the neck in a few months. There was sudden pain and then paralized. Took 5 days to come out of it somewhat. I still can't talk worth well.

Sometimes VA doctors remind me of Maxwell Smart going through a list of unrelated problems to see what a person will buy. This is scary.