VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lawyer Called And Said My Ssdi Claim Has Been Approved!

Rate this topic

Navy04

My Lawyer called yesterday and said that my SSDI claim has been approved. Only condition is that my Wife has to handle my Financial Affairs, which is fine with me. I have an appointment Monday morning with the local SSA. My wife has to sign a form, and then the SSA will file for my daughters to get a check too, and hopefully they will give me the full amount. Thank you guys for all the support and encouraging words. I spent the last 4 months doing all the leg work, and learning as much as I could. I submitted my SSDI claim online in Nov 2013, after hiring dumb Lawyers in Sep 2013 that did not even submit my claim to the SSDI. My claim moved fast, but I really think it was due to my leg work, and submitting 4000 pages of documents to the SSA helps too. I still can not believe it. God Bless to all

Be advised that it sounds like SS has deemed you incompetent to handle your financial affairs. This is not as benign as it seems. If it matters, you might want to check on the legalities of firearm ownership. You have may just lost your right to own a firearm and could be subject to criminal prosecution if in possession of a firearm, re: 27 C.F.R. § 478.11, as follows:

ADJUDICATED AS A MENTAL DEFECTIVE

a. A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease:

1. Is a danger to himself or to others; or

2. Lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs.

b. The term shall include—

1. A finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case; and

2. Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C. 850a, 876b.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

fist-bumpcat.jpg

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use