VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lawyer Called And Said My Ssdi Claim Has Been Approved!

Rate this topic

Navy04

My Lawyer called yesterday and informed me that my SSDI got approved. This is great news. I had my Mental and Physical Exams last month. I tried to call the Social Security hotline, and the completed claim does not show up yet. I am trying not to get too excited until, I go to the Social Security Office next Monday. My Lawyer said that the SSA said that I can not handle my finances. So my wife and I are going next week and she has to give bank info, and agree to handle my finances. Also, we are going to put it for my kids to collect Social Security Checks too. I am still in shock. My claim was 3 months total, from filing online in Nov 2013 to approval last Thursday. It was such a battle for me, and I worked my butt off, did all the research and documentation myself. The Lawyer was pitiful, but since I got approved so fast, they are not making a single cent off me. God bless all of you for all the help and advice. I could not have done it without you guys. Also, going by my recent C&P reports, it looks like I am going to be 100% VA SC soon too. These last 2 years have been so difficult for my family and I. The Govt really does not understand what they put us thru, and they wonder why are PTSD is not cured.

• HadIt.com Elder

The government hopes you die while waiting for your claim to be adjudicated. I know I was out of work about 8 months before I got SSD. Then my workers compensation was approved. I got TDIU about a year after I got SSD. The VA was really nasty while the feared SSA was decent to me. That was a long, long 8 months and you waited two years! The waiting is horrible and destroys many marriages, credit, homes and families. Now in two years you get medicare. This is a big deal since you have some place to go for second opinions and treatment.

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy04

Congradulations on the SSDI and most likely your VA 100%.........Your wife and kids will not get medicare, but if you get your 100% from the VA, they may be able to get Champ VA at no "financial" cost to you or them...shoot for the P&T if your VA award does not include it the first round.

My Lawyer called yesterday and informed me that my SSDI got approved. This is great news. I had my Mental and Physical Exams last month. I tried to call the Social Security hotline, and the completed claim does not show up yet. I am trying not to get too excited until, I go to the Social Security Office next Monday. My Lawyer said that the SSA said that I can not handle my finances. So my wife and I are going next week and she has to give bank info, and agree to handle my finances. Also, we are going to put it for my kids to collect Social Security Checks too. I am still in shock. My claim was 3 months total, from filing online in Nov 2013 to approval last Thursday. It was such a battle for me, and I worked my butt off, did all the research and documentation myself. The Lawyer was pitiful, but since I got approved so fast, they are not making a single cent off me. God bless all of you for all the help and advice. I could not have done it without you guys. Also, going by my recent C&P reports, it looks like I am going to be 100% VA SC soon too. These last 2 years have been so difficult for my family and I. The Govt really does not understand what they put us thru, and they wonder why are PTSD is not cured.

Great news !

Y I P - P E E

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use