VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Psychiatrist Calling Me A Liar On Pain Issues

Rate this topic

The problem is that my doc is being forced by the psychiatrist to stop treatment. I dont understand how a head doctor can tell a physical doc what he can and cant do. That seems like it would be malpractice in the civilian sector. I know we dont have very many rights as a veteran. I am talking to the patient advocate and then if need be going to the OMI if I can get a number that works. The one I have received is always busy. I am sure they dont wanna talk to us either. I will see what happens and be sure to post it on here so if anyone else has trouble maybe I can help them out too. He also ordered a new MRI and got me in within 2 weeks so he will have proof to show them and treat me accordingly. I am also gonna seek surgery so maybe I wont need any pain meds anymore.

Thanks

Edited by vet201060

I got a hold of the patient advocate today. They told me that an in-patient psychiatrist has no say on my back treatment when I am out. I told them that my VA family doc told me he was being forced by the psych doc to take me off meds. He tried to give me some other meds but they interact with some of the other meds I am on. So basically I am forced to do without until my new MRI shows something. I know it will just like the one I did 4 years ago. I am not making up the pain. I am hoping that they will refer me to an outside surgeon. The patient advocate just told me to communicate with my family doc, which I have been doing. That was a waste of time to even call them. I thought about calling the in-patient psych do and telling him to leave me the "F" alone or else. I know I would get in trouble for doing that.

Bronco is correct about changing doctors! Did I miss something201060--are you currently an inpatient?

Look through your medical records for the order to discontinue your pain meds. The exact wording, the electronic signature, and receipt by your primary provider could prove very important down the road.

I was in-patient and my in-patient only psychiatrist is forcing my doc at a cboc to stop prescribing pain meds. My doc said he needed a new MRI to show him proof I have a back injury. I am rated for it too. They could not find the MRI from 4 years ago. Maybe I am cured and they forgot to inform my back and nerves!

Well everything has took a turn for the worse. My employer is looking at releasing me. I work for the federal government. Does anyone have advice for possible federal disability retirement? I only have 12 to 13 years of service. I am worried for my family with the loss of income. Appreciate any advice or help that I can get.

Thanks