VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Psychiatrist Calling Me A Liar On Pain Issues

Rate this topic

I had a dozen x-rays and a MRI today. I will post the results on here. They thought I was there for a c&p claim. I told them I was there for treatment. They thought that was odd. Why is it bad when we want to be treated? I guess most smart vets unlike myself still use the va system. I am coming to regret that. BTW, I am not meaning that any vet that uses the va is not smart. It was more a jab at myself. I also forgot to turn in my ROI form today. I have a psych appt tomorrow and I will turn it in then.

I really hope I can help other vets learn from my situations. I know hadit has so much info that it is overwhelming to me. I am sure everything I need to know is on here. It is just easier to ask a question and hope a wise man/woman responds. I wanna thank you guys for all your responses and help. I am here for you guys too.

Well everything has took a turn for the worse. My employer is looking at releasing me. I work for the federal government. Does anyone have advice for possible federal disability retirement? I only have 12 to 13 years of service. I am worried for my family with the loss of income. Appreciate any advice or help that I can get.

Thanks

I can empathize to your situation. Im a federal employee myself and I have been in the hospital for a week now. I am okay for the moment on leave but once it runs out I fear I will be in the same boat as you are now. I don't know how the specifics of short term disability but I know that I didn't opt for it with FEHB. I am not sure how I would even proceed with the VA since this is not a service connected issue and just popped out of the blue. Please post anything you find out. I will do the same. This is difficult to research being stuck in the hospital. Good luck to you.

I just went on myhealthyvet and checked the blue button info and my Dr said he was afraid to give me any pills because I might take them all in four days. He has been lying to me the whole time. They wont give me my results for my MRI and xrays either. The VAMC tells me to call my provider and my provider said they are waiting for the VAMC. I have lost all trust in my provider since he is a liar. I dont know who to trust. All the VA docs I have backstab the other and then they are actually backstabbing me to because my back has stabbing pain funnny. I guess this is what I get for putting my faith and trust in the VA system. I am so pissed. I dont know what to do. I dont think anyone even cares! the systems is garbage. They can take their meds and shove them up their butt. I am going to stop taking all my meds today and see what happens. I probably dont need any of them anyway

Edited by vet201060

MRI Results:

Lumbar spine MRI: Multiplanar and multisequence imaging through
the lumbar spine was performed.
Findings: The vertebral bodies maintain normal signal
characteristics and morphology. Conus ends normally at the
thoracolumbar junction. At L4-L5 there is a annular tear at the 6
to 7:00 position associated with a small paracentral disc
extrusion. There is also minimal facet arthrosis. There is slight
deviation of the right L5 nerve roots in the lateral recess.
There is no significant foraminal narrowing. At L5-S1 there is
broad-based disc bulge without focal protrusion. There is also
mild bilateral facet arthrosis resulting in mild bilateral neural
foraminal stenosis. There is incomplete effacement of the
intraforaminal perineural fat. The other imaged levels are
unremarkable.
Impression:
L4-L5 and L5-S1 discogenic disease. This is greatest at L4-L5
with a small right paracentral disc extrusion with possible
deviation of the right L5 nerve root in the lateral recess.
Does this prove that I have pain?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not necessarily, but it does prove your lower back is jacked up to some extent. Have you thought about asking for a lumbar epidural pain block injection? They are not perfect, but have helped me somewhat. Physical therapy can also help. If they are complaining about pain meds, look for alternative treatments.

Regarding your job, I recommend you call the folks at the job accommodation network and ask them about reasonable accommodations under the ADA. You can Google them. The system is far from perfect, but since you are a federal employee, there are special guidelines that must be followed. No guarantee, but hope this info comes in handy

Thanks for the info. I have had the shots several years ago. They did work for a bit. Those shots just make me a bit nervous. I had to drive 6hour round trip just to get them. Hope the Docs can figure something out for me now.