VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Psychiatrist Calling Me A Liar On Pain Issues

Rate this topic

I am rated for back DDD and the VAMC is saying they have no proof of me having this issue. This has nothing to do with reducing my rating just saying I am lying about my pain. The psychiatrist making my primary Dr stop prescribing pain meds. He has ordered a new MRI for my back to show them they are full of it. Until then he is unable to prescribe me what I need. When they look for an MRI it isn't showing up unless you know how to navigate their system. My primary Dr even said I didnt have an MRI. I knew I did and he finally found it after 15 mins looking for it because I was persistent.

Basically what I wanna know is how should I approach this? Has anyone else had these issues? Anything I can do to file something against this psychiatrist? I will run out of pain meds in a week or two and don't know what to do after that. I still work full-time at need to be able to lift and be mobile. I am concerned about my career since I am out of leave because of being in patient at VAMC.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Vet. You have just been inducted into the Drug Seekers Program in the eyes of the old VA.

I am interested to see what your MRI says.

J

I told them i didnt want to be on all the meds they had me on. I just stop taking the benzo with ambien and pain meds. My life was just a fog. Now I cant get the ones I need to function at work. I guess they want us to hit the alcohol hard since that would save the VA money.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is why I don't tell them I want off the pain meds and benzo's. I will cut back myself if I am able on my own schedule. I am sure if I ever told the VA I wanted off the benzo's and pain meds I would never get them again since the VA believes this drugs are from Satan.

I guess I will just have to be seen by a real Dr outside the VAMC world. How the hell can a psychiatrist dictate treatment for a back injury. If I didn't have a family that depended on me I would take his sorry ass out. They have a license to do whatever they want to us. I do have some good experiences with the VAMC tho. These are the ones that give the VA a bad name. I tried to be honest so I could be treated effectively. How do I start over? I still want off the meds but I need the pain to go away. I talked to the Dr about laser surgery and he told me they won't even consider it for Vets. I guess every time I have pain I am suppose to go to the ER and have them charge the VA. I don't wanna waste the government's money on such a foolish option. They in a round about way called me a liar because THEY could not find my x-rays or MRI's. I told them the truth and it backfired on me.

I don't know who or where to turn to get the help I need!