Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can U Believe This. ?

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

Saw this on another site. basically extorting a vet out of filing a claim, with a VSO involved.

My IU claim disappeared in the afternoon after a morning call from my VSO (who I can never contact or hear from). I'm 70% (60,10,10) and VSO said the RO was going to reduce my 60 to 0% if I didn't withdraw my IU claim. I just got awarded CRDP last year and filed for IU a month later since I met the criteria. Since I'm retired military I would not receive CRDP if reduced to 20%.
I asked what do I need to do? VSO said they'd draft a letter and take it to RO and that RO said they wouldn't reduce if I withdrew the IU claim. That afternoon I had no open claims even though I had a couple more than the IU claim. Guess that's one way to reduce the backlog...
I'll let you know what comes in the mail when I get it, Cheffy! Good luck with yours.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

What reasons did the RO give for the proposed decrease? Filing for IU, while possibly triggering C&Ps for different things doesn't have anything to do with them proposing a reduction, unless a C&P showed some kind of alleged improvement in a condition.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

well the fact is, they arent supposed to try to intimidate people into dropping claims by threatening to lower existing claims. If a claim is valid, its valid Period. Evidently if they said they would leave the existing claims alone if he dropped TDUI they were valid. This isnt LETS MAKE A DEAL. It is supposed to be a system of laws and regulations.

It looks to me like they used the service rep to do thier dirty work., They didnt deal with him directly. No wonder they like service orgs.

Edited by 63SIERRA

What if the VSO had talked to the rater and they saw that his conditioned had improved while reviewing private medical submitted by veteran? They then told the VSO and notified the vet. I've seen many of these while working here

One a guy was two weeks away from ten year mark for 100%. Came in filed ed secondary to 100% condition. Rvsr saw that in Vamc notes veterans 100% had improved. Rvsr brought this to poa and said maybe to withdraw Ed for now. Vet opted to proceed and was reduced. Had the rvsr overlooked the 100% quality would have hit him for it.

Another the veteran was pyramided. I took to rvsr for a separate question and she saw that and said that his 100% would be lower after

Pyramiding was taken out. I took it to poa and let them know. Vet again wanted to proceed. He was reduced. Always two sides. Jmho

• HadIt.com Elder

If a vet has been 100% for over five years the VA must show by more than one exam that he has improved. The VA has to show a definite improvement over time to reduce a 100% vet and get away with it. They can reduce anyone but they can't get away with it. I do agree that if you are 100% and you want an extra 10% that might be a little crazy. However, every 10% leads somewhere like Housebound maybe. If my DMII gets worse I am going to file for an increase even though I have been TDIU for 12 years. Anything to do with agent orange and I am going to file. The army poisoned me and I want them to pay.

Maybe I didn't say it right (I' apologize). My point was that believe it or not some of us vacemployees who are veterans do look out for our fellow brothers and sisters. We can only go so far, like a phone call, to try and help but we do try. I was just showing to Sierra there can be two sides. By all means file john999 and get you just deserved. I pray you do. Good luck to ya.

This is all just my humble meager opinion.