Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

God Is Great!

Rate this topic

rpowell01

I was not even expecting this whatsoever. My son brings the mail up to me and I seen this big white envelope. It was from the VA. I opened the envelope and it reads:

"We are giving you this certificate so you may receive commissary store and exchange privileges from the Armed Forces"....

I was not expecting this whatsoever because they were trying to reduce my benefits last year.

They increased my cervical spine to 30% and my lumbar to 40% and left my Anxiety at 50% which equals 79 (80%) then they granted me my TDIU!!!!!

GOD IS GREAT!!!!! I cried when SSDI approved me but I cried more today when the VA finally recognized the severity of my issues in my spine.

I will say this JBasser was the first person I met on this website back in 2010. Things that were happening in my body he recognized as I was calling out for help. He was the person who helped me in this journey from start to finish. Then many others on here gave their opinions and guided me through things that I needed help with such as Carlie and Berta, AskNod who gave me a template for turning in evidence. Then the man himself Dr. Craig Bash. He didn't promise me anything and I asked him to be neutral in his observations, clinical exam of my records and the exam I had with him in person. All I asked was to give me a true diagnosis of what was going on in my spine since the VA radiologist appeared to lowball all the results. Dr. Bash told me I will have live the rest of my life like this. I didn't understand why. Then about 4 months later my VA Neurologist sat down with me and explained to me why there is not surgical cure for what I have. When a person has DDD and DJD then its called Spondylosis. I have it in my whole spine from one accident in the Army which was documented to the day I was discharged. With Spondylosis they can't fuse the joints like DDD because the joints have to move so it will make the DJD actually worse. So I have to live with the pain the rest of my life. Anyway enough of this, its time to go fishing!!! Actually just a metaphor. I can't go fishing because I have no boat and no fishing poles that I use to have years ago...Time to take the family out to the biggest dinner ever!!!!!

Edit:

I just read through the decision and it appears they are NOT even done with my appeals just yet such as upper extremity radiculopathy in both arms, lower extremity radiculopathy in my legs, bowel and bladder incontinence...All of these will still be heard at the BVA or will be granted during the De Novo Review. I have already been diagnosed with all of these since my denial so I am NOT done yet. They only granted my IU and increases back to the date Dr. Bash examined me up in Washington DC back on July 1, 2013. O'well I am not going to argue with them on this but only on my other contentions I've appealed.

Edited by rpowell01

I'm Happy for you my Friend! Yes God is great! May I suggest that you get into the Word and see lesfeldick.org on the internet. This is what I did and it can help.

GOD BLESS

Finally man. I am really happy for you. There is some light in the shadow that the VA tries to cast. I am glad that you shared this fantabulous news. I have a smile on my face as I am writing this. :biggrin: Happy happy happy for you. Perseverance ! Resilience! Hooh rah!

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

I've been reading your posts for a long time, and was so glad to see that you finally had tears of joy! Best of luck in all that you do, and keep all of us posted as to how you're getting along.

Take Care,

Chuck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use