Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay

Rate this topic

Kray

My Initial claim was submitted in August 2010 and approved 30%, CAD (IHD), Agent Orange in July 2012 to back to August 2010. Retro pay never received.

CRSC was approved in September 2012 with their portion of the Audit received in October 2012.

Wife Dependent claim submitted in August 2012 and approved in Feb 2014 back to Aug 2010.

Finally today I received as a direct deposit (which I assume to be Retro Pay), but is larger amount than the Audit Worksheet indicated I was due.

I also have the financial worksheet from VA on Dependent claim approval and the amount due. If I add the two (CRSC and Dependent) together the deposit is a few hundred dollars more.

My question is would the VA have added together the two retro claims together or is the deposit just an adjustment of some sort to correct the AWS.

In any event I am happy to receive any amount that after such a long wait.

I just logged in eBenefits and found that deposit listed and it indicates "C & P Retro pay" with no mention of Dependent pay.

Edited by Kray

My question is would the VA have added together the two retro claims together or is the deposit just an adjustment of some sort to correct the AWS.

Probably what they've done,

Re-read over all correspondence and it should tell you exactly how they

came to those amounts.

Glad to read of your positive VBA actions - spend wisely.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use