Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Obtain C & P Results

Rate this question

seahawkfan

Question

I've been waiting for my C-File since last July, still nothing!! I too would like to see my C&P exam for PTSD, which was denied due to the C&P not providing the results in time for the decision to be made.!!

I've been waiting for my C-File since last July, still nothing!! I too would like to see my C&P exam for PTSD, which was denied due to the C&P not providing the results in time for the decision to be made.!!

Is it your central file that you have been waiting for. I have evidence past due that they are requsting from the military about my discharge papers, medals ribbons deployments ect. All stuff that I have already enclosed in my documents sent. They received my qtc C&P results in march. Just trying to figure out how to get a copy of the exam. Who didnt provide your evidence in time for decision on your C&P ?

I just hand wrote a letter requesting them and recieved them in 3 weeks. I just put please send my copies of dbq and signed my name on the bottom of the form. Send it to the regional office handling your claim

I have been to the Houston RO 3 times in the past 4 months. Each time I have tried to get copy of C&P exams from a case closed in July. Each time I am told I have to submit the form for obtaining my entire C-file which I have done. The counselor I was talking to also said, don't count on it for at least a year. Said he himself has been waiting for over a year for his own which comes from a different RO than where he works. Just shook his head and said that's the way it is. Have been trying to get C-file since Aug. 2013. still nothing.

Just like I sent for my military records and active duty medical records. After 9 months I received about 2500 pages, but it was all medical records of the past 20 years. I retired in 77. Nothing at all from active duty. Nothing I can use to prove or connect anything.

I don't know where to request now for my active duty records.

The only way I've been able to receive copies of recent C&P exams was to personally go to the VAMC where the exam was conducted.

The VAMC FOIA office, also wearing another hat or two (insurance office, etc.) was able and willing to print out the results while I waited.

(Fifteen minutes or so, if there are just one or two veterans waiting for various documents.)

Writing or contacting the Area (Atlanta) VARO was taking quite a few months, and repeated requests were needed.)

The local Clinic can see the results, but refused to print them out, citing an obsolete and informal directive/letter? from on higher.

(They may have been told about the error in their ways, and corrected them, since the refusal.)

That depends on followup from the VAMC they answer to.

In my experience, going through the VAMC is the better approach rather than trying the RO. I've never gotten any document requested of the RO. Around here, the RO "outsources" the C&P to the VAMC, including the QTC exams. So it all funnels back through the VAMC. However, I've never tried to get my C&P results before the claim closed.

Each time I've received my records from a VAMC, I mailed this form, VA Form 10-5345a, to the "Release of Information Office:"

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-5345a-fill.pdf

In getting the form link, I read that the VAMC has started sending CD-ROMs with records now rather than printed paper versions.