Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Update: "what Do We Still Need From Others?" Question

Rate this question

iroberts

Question

Thank you everyone so far for your support. I had an update to my claim recently and was just trying to understand what it means.

I checked eBenefits this morning (a regular habit of mine now) and noticed that there was a small update. It now states "What Do We Still Need From Others?" and has one lone item listed underneath as "TAMPA VA Medical Facility (Date Requested 03/38/2014, Due Date 05/27/2014)."

This is confusing though since I have never really done anything with the TAMPA VA Medical Facility other than (maybe) an orientation. All of my recent eye appointments and other doctor's appointments have been made through the St. Petersburg Bay Pines Medical Facility.

My questions for the good people here are:

a) What do I need to do next?

b) Does this mean they are finally working my claim?

c) Why would they request records rom a facility that I barely (if at all) used?

Thank you all in advance!

My original post is located here:

EDIT: My claim is still listed as "Under Review"

Edited by iroberts

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The RO can request any VA in your area for info. My VA is in Dallas and Bonham, Tx yet I was sent to Ft Worth, Tx for the C&P exams. My SSDI was filed in Texas, yet my claim went to Indiana for processing. So you really never know with the Govt. I have had 20 C&P exams in the Last Year Bud, so believe me when I say, get there early, don't dress sharp, don't be trying to smell good for the women, LOL! Just go in there be honest, and don't look the Examiner in the Eyes, and don't let them trick you, into some crazy crap, like do you hurt or did you have a bad childhood. Good luck and God Bless.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Just had my C&P exams! The whole process was very short. Hopefully I'll be posting on the success stories board very soon!

Keep your fingers crossed!

I spoke to my VSO rep this morning. He didn't mention anything about C&P exams and initially suggested he would simply submit a form letting them know that "they should have everything already" (probably referring to my previous exams at the Bay Pines VA Medical Facility). I then brought up that it had been suggested that it may be a potential request for some C&P and exams and he quickly agreed that it may also be that.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now.

DONT FALL FOR THEY SHOULD HAVE EVERYTHING ALREADY. MAKE SURE. !!!! VSRs know better, why they tell vets this is beyond me.