VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraines (Also Claimed As Tbi)

Rate this question

mariorivera830

Question

Hey everyone,

I was going through all of the old threads on this forum and came across this, while doing some reading. After reading this post and its replies, I started to wonder about my TBI rating. Is this just another ploy to not include my disability in the TBI pocket like post-concussive syndrome?

It is officially Migraines (also claimed as TBI) as written on my award letter. So does that include me in all of TBI or is this just a way to eval me at a lower rate (10%). It is in my current claim for an increase as the headaches have become much more violent and debilitating. But I started to wonder if there is something else I should have claimed having had two documented concussions in service. Both are documented in my SMRs (they were used as evidence apparently).

Any thoughts on what steps to take should that claim be denied? A little early for conclusive advice, but I'd rather be prepared for that scenario. Thanks.

-Mario

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

First off how old was this claim was your C&P pre 2008 then you should be sent to another exam. Lol I had 3 before service connected 2010 2015/2016. They always want to low ball you, migraines are secondary to your post head trauma. Sorry I just saw this not answered and what medical evidence from service is your ticket the RO sucks and delays your life out of you until you get to the BVA we’re they take the rules seriously. Any updates...

Did you get a VARO denial decision in the mail?  If so, you should probably file a NOD, and they "may" have rated you under the wrong diagnostic code.  I repeat "may".  The VA has a duty to maximize benefits.  If you have TBI, which caused migraines, its improper for them to ignore other symptoms of TBI and instead rate you just on migraines.  

jfrei could I possibly talk to you, I'm currently given the opportunity to take a 5-17 or MEB for TBI and other related symptoms related to Jumps. I'm an active duty Paratrooper in the 82nd 

Email me at xxxx and I will send my phone number. I'm not sure who to talk to and I'm sort of lost. 

Edited by Tbird
removed email address do not post personal identifying info

On 4/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, AD82 said:

jfrei could I possibly talk to you, I'm currently given the opportunity to take a 5-17 or MEB for TBI and other related symptoms related to Jumps. I'm an active duty Paratrooper in the 82nd 

Email me at xxxx and I will send my phone number. I'm not sure who to talk to and I'm sort of lost. 

Sorry for some reason im

just seeing this message 

me and we

will talk