Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cib Isn't A Nexus Anymore For Ptsd?

Rate this question

10thFO

Question

Hello all, it's been too long since I've been here, but I have some combat buddies who I served with 20 years ago, that are finally being slammed by PTSD. Most of these guys were awarded a CIB for our actions in combat, along with other various awards, but it seems someone at the VA is telling my friend that he needs buddy letters to support his claim. I thought that a CIB one was a no brainer because only awarde in combat to infantry, and the fact that we were awarded a Presidential Unit Citation, would at least approve him for 0% rating at worst. I have to contact his mother later as he has been in rehab and off the face of the earth for the last year, but I'm just trying to clarify this before responding to her.

6 answers to this question

write the va a letter and tell them what CIB means. COMBAT... IF THE WANT TO ACT LIKE THEY ARE RETARTED TREAT THEM LIKE THEY ARE.

Its the art of either participating in the act of killing or attempting to kill other human.

JUSTIFIED HOMICIDE. .

They know better, they are just fishing, and seeing if he knows his rights.

Edited by 63SIERRA

. "Most of these guys were awarded a CIB for our actions in combat, along with other various awards, but it seems someone at the VA is telling my friend that he needs buddy letters to support his claim. "

A CIB, CAR, or PH on a DD 214 should be a nobrainer to conmcede the veteran was exposed to a stressor.

But the veteran also will need a diagnosis of PTSD from a VA MH professional.

The PTSD regulations changed in 2010.

I will bump them up for you in our PTSD forum.

Thanks everyone. I wasn't infantry but was attached as an artillery guy to them. Therefore I had to use my awards for my stressors, but these guys have the CIB. I just wanted to make sure something didn't change. I know he will have to get evaluated by the C&P doc, and also mental health records. but I just wanted to verify before I contacted my friends mom. He's been off the grid some, so I'm sure little setbacks will get him spun up. Just wanted to check my p's and q's before advising.

Thanks everyone. I wasn't infantry but was attached as an artillery guy to them. Therefore I had to use my awards for my stressors, but these guys have the CIB. I just wanted to make sure something didn't change. I know he will have to get evaluated by the C&P doc, and also mental health records. but I just wanted to verify before I contacted my friends mom. He's been off the grid some, so I'm sure little setbacks will get him spun up. Just wanted to check my p's and q's before advising.

This is the same reason we have so many brothers and sisters from past wars that are homeless or in jail. Some POS VA employee that has not been there, or isn't compassionate enough to realize that vets need help. I feel that most treat the employment at the VA as some type of welfare check. I remember a few years back getting the whole "you're bothering me" feel.

I must say it seems certain things have changed. I did go to the local Va clinic, and got great customer service. They were there after hours and took care of me. This would be comparing apples to oranges though, since it was not the Regional VA Hospital.

That is definitely not right. I had my C&P for PTSD a week ago and was told I did not have to discuss stressor's because I was awarded a CAB. The CIB is covered under the same policy That said I do go to the local VAMC for treatment and I already had a diagnosis from them.