VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav Rep Says Hold Off For Decision Before Submitting Letter In Support Of Fybromyalgia

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

I talked with my DAV service rep today about sending a support letter in to identify that although I have a diagnosis from a doctor for Fibromyalgia, it is still a Gulf War Illness.

I read that Persian Gulf Illness could be presumptive illnesses either undiagnosed or diagnosed. The diagnosed could be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, IDS.

Is this true and should I hold off for the decision or send a letter in now?

If I send a letter how do I reference the correct information.

I suggest that you go over all of the Gulf War regulations and topics in our GW forum.

Welcome here!

I talked with my DAV service rep today about sending a support letter in to identify that although I have a diagnosis from a doctor for Fibromyalgia, it is still a Gulf War Illness.

I read that Persian Gulf Illness could be presumptive illnesses either undiagnosed or diagnosed. The diagnosed could be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, IDS.

Is this true and should I hold off for the decision or send a letter in now?

If I send a letter how do I reference the correct information.

how nieve but we were all where you are once. Va KNOWS what is what. it doesnt matter. The system now is such that they go out of thier way to try and deny you for benefits . Presumption for gulf war ilnesses has been the biggest fraud Va has conducted since agent orange. They know that these ilnesses are related to the gulf war, but look for ways to deny, and not service connect them. It is not just a matter of sending in the correct evidence. You are now in a shell game with a large organization of professional crooks.

By sending in your evidence to support your claim, it may delay your decision 30 to 180 days. If you wait for the decision and your claim is denied then you go into the reconsideration to the appeal stage of VA reviewing all the evidence again which is 14 to 48 months. A request for reconsideration may be sooner but with VA, if they don't process it within a year you will need to file a NOD.

Keep in mind that your doctor must state that they have reviewed your SMRs and it is their medical opinion that your fibromyalgia is military related and give a medical rationale of their opinion.

Edited by pete992

Thank you Pete,

I will wait and see how it goes. I am also waiting on my appeal for PTSD. Do you know anything about Essential Tremors. I have essential Tremors in my right hand and arm. Is there anything to relate them to SWA?

I will wait and see how it goes. I am also waiting on my appeal for PTSD. Do you know anything about Essential Tremors. I have essential Tremors in my right hand and arm. Is there anything to relate them to SWA?

Just so you fully understand what I am trying to say, If you send in your information now it may add a month to six months, but if you get a denial letter it could take a year to four years to get your claim settled.

I don't know about essential tremors but I have been treated for neuropathy for upper and lower extremities not cause by diabetes.