Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phoenix Va Health Care In Trouble

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/index.html

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

Fox News just said they have the emails mentioned in the link on this story.

Pete Hegseth from Concerned Veterans of America just told Gretchen Carlson at Fox that this possibly just the tip of the iceberg.

I believe he is right.

Sharon Helman's name (Director Phoenix VAMC) popped up in this past news a story, when she was director of the Spokane VAMC:

In Part:

"August 10, 2009
Spokesman-Review

The number of Spokane, Wash.-area veterans who killed themselves in a one-year period is far greater than the Spokane Veteran Affairs Medical Center knew at the time, a VA investigation has found.

The VA's Office of Medical Investigations discovered that from July 2007 through the first week of July 2008, at least 22 veterans in the Spokane VA service area killed themselves, and 15 of them had contact with the medical center. "

http://www.military.com/cs/Satellite?c=maArticle&cid=1199422170067&pagename=News/nwsLayout

I believe their have been 2 unusual suicides at the Phoenix VAMC since she was 'transferred ' there...one in their parking lot...??

That is what VA did to the doctors who caused my husband's untimely death...they 'transferred ' them.

OGC was supposed to report them to the National Practitioners Data Bank ....which is mandated in an agreement between VA and the NPDB ,but VA failed to do that.

It is only by reporting FTCA negligence to the NPDB that VA has any public accountability at all for their incompetent doctors.

I bet there is a lot more to this iceberg.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

This is criminal . The Concern for American Vets had a rally last week on this matter in Phoenix.The news on this matter should bring the JCAHO ( they license VA to see Medicare patients and get funds from Medicare) and DHS in AZ down on them for a intense visit as well.

My husband is still waiting for a Podiatry appointment for 4 months . He does not have serious issues but I wanted him to get a baseline assessment and education for his DM2 before problems develop. with the feet. Still waiting.

I think this kind of behavior extends to the RO as well. Delay , delay till they die and go away. Bet they have a secret list as well. JC

My VA hospital got into trouble for doing too many open heart surgeries on very elderly and sick vets. They were using these sick old guys to train heart surgeons from the medical school next door. This was a few years ago before they did the stents. They would just cut these old alcoholic vets who smoked two packs a day for 50 years from their groin to their necks. I worked at the local VA hospital at the time.

I worked for VA in 1983 as a RN in the ICU and quit on the day they did a Bronchoscopy ( tube down into lungs ) on a vet 4 times in one day and allowed all the med students to take a peek while the guy was awake. I remember I cried that day and have never forgotten that experience . I resigned the next day. It is a culture issue in these places that allow this kind of cruel work to happen. Today I am more experienced and would never allow a patient to be abused in such a manner. I will always feel I let that man down that day. He later died. Not stupid any more........PC

I have often thought this about the VA especially after my bother was killed at the VAMC in DC!

How can any vet trusts these bastards now after this has been proved!

just wait until all the public gets the new hospital care out there and then see how many start dying.

Stillhere

Yep, that is the reason I never allow my family to go to a hospital and stay overnight without me sitting in the room. They don't like it but I march down to Administration and next thing I know I got a cot to sleep on and a private room. The public are not going to like what is coming............PC

• HadIt.com Elder

Not the first time that they got into trouble

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.