Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do You Friends Think? Cue?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have asked so many questions concerning my claim for 100% Service Connected " Psychiatric Disorder".

I was in the Navy for a little over a year and was referred by my military treating physician, Dr. C. to Dr. J Psychiatrist, to see if he had me on the correct treatment. I later saw another Psychaitrist who felt that discharge was best for me. Dr. C. was treating me with librium and caffergot for my nerves and headaches.

I was lucky that I got to know my treating physician so well, as I baby sat for him and his wife.

I was told constantly by the Lt. K., Administrative Officer, if I took the early discharge that I would be giving up all G. I Benefits.

I believed this for many years.

I filed for benefits in 1978 and was sent a letter that stated." You are not service connected".

I assumed that it was because of what Lt. K told me as I took the early discharge.

My DD 214 - 460 Emotional Instability

I filed again in 2002 was sent a denial of benefits

2003 I was given a pension, no help to me due to excessive income of my husband.

I went to the R.O and demanded to see my C- File, I asked the counselor where were the competency review reports from the Psychaitrist that I saw in service.

He stated." There is nothing here."

I wrote to The St. Louis Archives and received the reports by the different Psychiatist, to whom state that I do not have a Personality Disorder, just nerves, headaches and with a change of working conditons that I might be able to remain in service. This did not happen, the second psychiatirst recommended an early discharge.

I turned in copies of the two Military Psychaitric reports and a letter by my Commanding Officer.

I was immediately send for a C&P and was declared unable to work since 1983 and more likely than not my anxiety began in service. Diagnois Chronic Anxiety Disorder.

My niece a DRO signed off on my claims file and I was transferred to another state. I waited for that office to rate me, but instead they sent me to a board of two psychaitrist.

The two psychiatirst were very dishonest and falsified my medical records to give me a personality disorder and their use of hypnosis.

When I left the hospital, as soon as my husband asked me about the examination, I knew that something was not right and ran back into the hospital and told a nurse that I couldn't remember a thing. She checked my blood pressure and sugar and they were fine.

When we got to my daughers, My husband called the psychaitrist and he said that I would remember things in about 3 days and that he had told me to take a nap after the examination.

Lucky for me that I didn't, for I remember now what went on in that room.

The nurse called me the next day to see if I was feeling any better and I was not.

They stated that service had no effect on me and that I did not go to Dr. C. my treating physician, in service to help me get an early discharge, due to the tremors, headaches and my nervous state. They stated that Dr. C gave me Librium for a headache, as well as the caffergot.

Axis 1- Anxiety Disorder not other wise specified

Axis 2 - Personality Disorder, Borderline

Axis 3 - Rheumatic heart disease

Transient Ischemic Attack

Hypertension

Hypothyroidism

Inner Ear problem

Diabetes

Headaches

Axis 1V -none

AXis V - Gaf - 40

After 42 years, I called Dr. C. and sent him all of his medical records of me, and the reports of the psychiatrist, to whom he sent me to.

Dr. C wrote me a letter that I had worked with him in service, that he did send me to the psychiatrist to see if he was treating me correctly. That I babysit for him and his wife and that he treated me with Librium for anxiety , as well as medicine for a headache .

I have medical records of 42 years for treatment of anxiety disorder and no mention of personality.

I have taken anti - anxiety medication since discharge.

The R.O denied me benefits due to the two psychaitrist. Nothing bothered me in service.

I went to the BVA and remanded in March.

I have been in contact with the Management Center and have been told that the C&P by the Board of two Psychiatrist had been discounted, due to illegal means for an examination and changing of my records.

If this true-

I have the More Likely than Not C&P

Letter by my Military Treating Physician stating that he treated me for anxiety

3 letters by my treating physician for the last 29 years, stating due to the fact that I took Librium in 1964 and again in 1967 and have been on anti-anxiety medication every day since, that service was the reason for my anxiety.

He said that I did not have a Personaltiy Disorder and that they were patently incorrect.

I have all of my private records from discharge to date.

Had the Veterans Affairs had my Psychiatric Records when I filed in 1978 and the letter by my Commanding officer, I would have received a C&P and should have received benefits.

If they had done more in 1978, and not have just a counselor decide my claim for me and sent me information of what they had, a statement of the case or anything, besides, you are not service connected.

Anyway, I told the BVA I wanted 100% Service Connected Disability because they, the Veterans Affairs had violated my rights, by not securing those records in 1978, because they had been the archives for years.

Sorry this one is so long.

I am going to win, or die trying.

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Patrick,

What does Anxiety disorder not otherwise specific mean?

What is the NOS saying?

How can my niece be a supervisor of the DRO's and me be the dumbest one on the site?

She just came to my home on the 17th of August to bring me a birthday cake and I have asked and asked her what some of this stuff means and she will tell me nothing.

If she had signed off when I first filed again in 2002 and not waited until I had my first C&P examination, with a diagnosis anxiety disorder and more likely than not.

This is when all the mess started. The minute she signed off, while I was waiting for an anwer, my file was being transferred to another state.

Do nieces really have to sign off on your file?

She said that she never saw it come past her.

I can say that the VA is thicker than blood!!!

Thanks,

josephine

If you have a relative working at the VA service center there is a good possibility your claim was transferred out of state for that reason. VA employees and relatives of employees are generally shipped out of state to prevent any impropriety. jmo

• HadIt.com Elder
If you have a relative working at the VA service center there is a good possibility your claim was transferred out of state for that reason. VA employees and relatives of employees are generally shipped out of state to prevent any impropriety. jmo

Philip,

I sure wish that you had signed off of my claim before the C&P examination of more likely than not came in. She knew that I had been working in this claim for years. Oh, well?

Thanks,

Josephine

Josephine,

"What does Anxiety disorder not otherwise specific mean?

What is the NOS sayin?"

NOS stands for Not Otherwise Specified. This means the examiner did not know you, or have access to your records, or in some way, shape, or form felt uncomfortable, or uncertain with what you were saying, and diagnosed you with Anxiety NOS.

There are 10 Anxiety related disorders in DSM-IV and TR and an NOS diagnosis says you fit under the umbrella of Anxiety Disorders, but the examiner could not land on any specific one. In a round about way he gave you an Anxiety related disorder, but could have written it up as R/O (Rule Out) an Anxiety Disorder. R/O does not mean Rule Out as it sounds. It means "I do not have enough evidence to make a definite diagnosis of Anxiety so I am writing it up as R/O Anxiety Disorder, NOS. To a clinican, it means that there is some hint of anxiety there, but I need to engage in therapy with a patient for a period of time to see if eventually there is definite Anxiety of some sort.

Similar case with Schizophrenia. When a person first present symptoms of Schizophrenia, the initial diagnosis is Schizophreniform Disorder. This diagnosis is held for 6 months until I can clearly define Schizophrenia and the subtype (Paranoid, Disorganize, Catatonic, or Undifferientiated).

That is why I suggest you get an IMO from a board certified Psychiatrist or Psychologist who specialzes in Anxiety related disorders and have them grind it into the VA format and hopefully that will open the door for you a bit better.

Patrick

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine,

"What does Anxiety disorder not otherwise specific mean?

What is the NOS sayin?"

NOS stands for Not Otherwise Specified. This means the examiner did not know you, or have access to your records, or in some way, shape, or form felt uncomfortable, or uncertain with what you were saying, and diagnosed you with Anxiety NOS.

There are 10 Anxiety related disorders in DSM-IV and TR and an NOS diagnosis says you fit under the umbrella of Anxiety Disorders, but the examiner could not land on any specific one. In a round about way he gave you an Anxiety related disorder, but could have written it up as R/O (Rule Out) an Anxiety Disorder. R/O does not mean Rule Out as it sounds. It means "I do not have enough evidence to make a definite diagnosis of Anxiety so I am writing it up as R/O Anxiety Disorder, NOS. To a clinican, it means that there is some hint of anxiety there, but I need to engage in therapy with a patient for a period of time to see if eventually there is definite Anxiety of some sort.

Similar case with Schizophrenia. When a person first present symptoms of Schizophrenia, the initial diagnosis is Schizophreniform Disorder. This diagnosis is held for 6 months until I can clearly define Schizophrenia and the subtype (Paranoid, Disorganize, Catatonic, or Undifferientiated).

That is why I suggest you get an IMO from a board certified Psychiatrist or Psychologist who specialzes in Anxiety related disorders and have them grind it into the VA format and hopefully that will open the door for you a bit better.

Patrick

Patrick,

Thanks so much for explaining this to me. Have a good one!!

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine, Read my post on the New rule RIN 2900 AM15.

Use that as ammunition.

John

John,

Thanks so much. I will see what I can do.

My claim is a sensitive 6 and no one at the mangement center can ever open my claim.

The toll free number at the Veterans Affairs will not work for me.

I cannot have a representative in my home state of Virginia, as no one will be responsible for my file when it was in West Virginia

I am constantly going in a circle.

I went to the BVA and remanded to the appeals management center.

The Va makes rules, but they break them all.

I had a C&P examination with a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder with a more likely than not.

The R. O office ignored that C&P and waited 5 months and sent me to the Board of Two

They won out by giving me a personality disorder.

I think that the R.O should have had to adjudicate the first C&P before they ordered another.

I am totally confused in all this mess.

Thanks so much,

Josephine