Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Before I Quit On Life Period.

Rate this question

veteranmo

Question

Just went to two C/P exams today that I believed were related to my recent application for unemployability. I have had a combined rating of 90% since 2009, and have been seeing my primary doctor and psychiatrist monthly since being released from active duty.

My problem started with the first exam, as the examiner pointed out I was doing better because I had not been baker acted or had issues with the police since 2008. This to me seemed out of touch, since being confined at my worst is not representative of my actual "worst" days living. Overall the exam went as I expected, the doctor did note that my anxiety was through the roof.. but I cant help but feel like my 70% PTSD rating is now going to get bumped down into 30% simply because I have not gone out and "xxxxxx someone up".

Next exam was done by an internist (who kept specifying she was an internist, despite she was doing a "re-evaluation" of my service connection for "Labrynthitis". She informed me I was rated incorrectly since it is treatable (not so much according to what I have read but I digress). After looking for the original rating decision, my examiner quickly came to the conclusion that the connection was erroneous and that I needed to specify TBI as the injury to the VA (something I told the VA back in '08 after the original decision, but again I digress). I could not take anymore and stormed out of the examiners room in tears. She then went on to speak to my wife while I wandered the VA looking for some way not to just start breaking things.

I did return to the office and the examiner was concerned for me and informed me I would be ok, but I know the truth.. the moment her info reaches the VA i am screwed and I have no way to stop it.

I am seething with anger, as I believe my application for unemployable has allowed the VA to go in now and most likely slash all my ratings.. and for what?

The system is flawed, and the only way out is to check out for good imo

If anyone has ever been in a similar situation please let me know how it went, as maybe I am overreacting.. i really pray to God that I am

Swift and bold

calm down and dont jump to conclusions. you cant go deciding your done living when thing dont go your way. things havent gone my way in VA land for the last 20 years. Heres the deal, va isnt going to just give anybody 100 comp, forget abt you and you go on and never hear from them again, and live without an concern. Especially with mental issues, they are going to check you fairly fequently to see if you have improved or not/. In my opinion, they cant tell in a short session whether someone has improved, and should take the veterans word for it, until proven otherwise.

Just clear your mind, and look at your claims in a businesslike manner. Dont get yourself all riled up everytime they want to review your claim.

""My problem started with the first exam, as the examiner pointed out I was doing better because I had not been baker acted or had issues with the police since 2008. This to me seemed out of touch, since being confined at my worst is not representative of my actual "worst" days living. Overall the exam went as I expected, the doctor did note that my anxiety was through the roof.. but I cant help but feel like my 70% PTSD rating is now going to get bumped down into 30% simply because I have not gone out and "xxxxxx someone up".

DOING ALOT BETTER DONEST MEAN YOUR DOING GOOD. IF A MAN WERE HALLUCINATING 20 TIMES A DAY, AND THAT DROPPED TO 5 TIMES A DAY, HES DOING ALOT BETTER, BUT STILL AINT DOING GOOD/

capiche?

Veternmo,

63sierra is right. Calm Down. Do not put yourself through the stress from this.

It is not worth doing something irrational. Please trust me on this. I tried twice and was unsuccessful. Thank God I was.

Your C&P's are just way for the VA to check and balance. Yes they may have seemed negative and point to you getting better. But "BETTER" as far as what. You are no way healed. The disability is still their and still interferers with your daily activities.

Continue to look at these forums. They have calmed me down and now is providing me with information I will be using. It sounds as if you are local or around Killeen, If so and need help message me and we can talk or meet.

roger 63sierra.

I am panicking like a little pansy, especially given I have a wife and daughter, but without my VA benefit I don't see a way of making things work. The second Doctor was actually telling me about cuts to medicare and impeding cuts to the VA system since its unsustainable (I am SSDI as well). I might have overreacted to the whole situation, however it still feels like they think I am "ok" simply because I went to school from 2009-2010 at the University of Miami and graduated with a 3.6 GPA I majored in history, but I had no friends and spent my entire time reading journals (which is what I do now, but I have not been able to write effectively in since early in 2010). I actively avoid people, in fact the VA in wpb I have been avoiding since I moved to jupiter, fl in 2011..

I am also angry/concerned because my wife did not go in with me, even though she is my caregiver and my right hand who does EVERYTHING for me.. today was just one big xxxx up on my part. I know better, as I have lurked these forums for years.. I did everything wrong and now I will probably lose it all.

thank you guys for your supportive comments btw, I already feel better.. I still feel like i am xxxxxx, but at least there is a silver lining: My wife was told to submit a dbq or something asking for TBI instead of the labrynthitis since she had gone in after I stormed out of the internist office. I don't know what that is or how it will affect my claim, maybe someone here knows about that?

imagine living with hepatits c , kidney cancer, adrenal gland cancer., abdominal hernia, bad back condition, sleep apnea, a bum left hand, neck pain, shoulder pain, and trying to take care of a family of 4, on 60 percent, with no Social security. thats what ive done for the last 10 years. SS turned me down, ive been fighting them on appeals, just went to a hearing with a judge, still waiting on the results. VA been jacking g me around since I got out in 95.

heres the good news though., you found Had it. This site is like an ARMORY.

THE VA has its own way of doing things, almost thier own language . They classify things into different categories and sometimes its confusing. Putting your injury into TBI might be a good thing. Many things can connect many other things sometimes. If they classify your injury as TBI, just think abt the things you could claim. memory loss, migranes., insomnia, and on and on. just wait and see what they do. theres plenty of options.

"If anyone has ever been in a similar situation please let me know how it went, as maybe I am overreacting.. i really pray to God that I am"

Probably most here have been very anxious as to how a C & P exam turns out.

"despite she was doing a "re-evaluation" of my service connection for "Labrynthitis". She informed me I was rated incorrectly since it is treatable (not so much according to what I have read but I digress). After looking for the original rating decision, my examiner quickly came to the conclusion that the connection was erroneous and that I needed to specify TBI as the injury to the VA (something I told the VA back in '08 after the original decision, but again I digress)."

My husband laid in a bed at VA for over three weeks with 'labyrhthitis' . It was really a major stroke.
He only got the proper diagnosis when I treated to call his Congressman. His doctor was a quack.

Yes, I think the doctor, in your case, hit on the true etiology (cause) of your problem.If you had any incident that could have caused a TBI, in service, that certainly could cause the same symptoms of labyrhthitis.

Do you have inservice proof of a TBI incident?

Or do you now have any SC rating from any TBI incident? (meaning the VA already has proof of it)

"I did return to the office and the examiner was concerned for me and informed me I would be ok, but I know the truth.. the moment her info reaches the VA i am screwed and I have no way to stop it. " I do think you are overreacting to that,but believe me, we ALL get to that point with the VA.

They want us to become upset and frustrated.

"I am seething with anger, as I believe my application for unemployable has allowed the VA to go in now and most likely slash all my ratings.. and for what?"

I dont see it that way.at all. A TBI rating might end up being the same or higher than the wrong diagnosis rating for the labyrhythitis.

But I wonder how VA will handle this.

Have you ever filed for any TBI residuals?

I assume these C & Ps were done at a VAMC and not done by GTC so you could get a copy of them before the VA rates the claim.

"(I am SSDI as well"

Is the SSDI solely for your SCs? And if so does VA have the SSDI records?

"My wife was told to submit a dbq or something asking for TBI instead of the labrynthitis"

GOOD. The DBQ forms are linked here somewhere.......

I wonder if the DBQ should be filled out by a private doc or did the VA say a VA doctor would do it (which would make sense since they were wrong in the first place )

There is a Wealth of TBI info here in our TBI forum and the new TBI criteria.

Please read it or have the wife read it and print it off so this way you both can be on the same page the VA will be ( or should be) when they correct this medical error.

If you have been damaged by the wrong medications for the labyrhtitis , to a ratable level , that would be the basis for a 1151 claim as well.

But maybe they gave you no meds for that anyhow.

We Know how you feel! You are Not alone!

But you need to take the time to read the TBI info here so that you can get the proper rating.

Thank you for your service ! and Welcome to the best place in town for dealing with VA claims crap.