Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Content For A Letter In Support Of Fibromyalgia Claim

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

I am looking for advice.

I need to write a letter for support of my claim of Fibromyalgia. I have a diagnoses from the Rheumatologist that states I have Fibromyalgia and my C&P was clear I have a severe case of Fibromyalgia. But it also said "not connected to Active Duty Service by review of service records".

So I think they are going to screw me.

What content should I include in the letter to support the claim related to the Gulf War/SWA.

I am already 50% connected with PTSD that validates I was in the Gulf War.

There is a lot of stuff about presumptive illnesses diagnosed and undiagnosed.

So Please provide guidance on the content and format that I should put in this letter so I don't screw myself with my own wording.

Thanks

A private Rheumatiologist is not going to be up on all goings on VA. The raters, however, are. Why assume the worst? Its right there in the regs.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/gulfwar/fibromyalgia.asp

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

I'm worried because of the statement the Nurse Practitioner put on the C&P.

5. Does Veteran have a current diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. YES.

"Not Active Military Service Connected - concluded by review of active service records".

When they write something like that I feel she has already made the case for them.

I may be wrong but not feeling good about this.

Edited by jrt1021

I agree with brokensoldier, as long as you meet this criteria :

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=c970ae800225c6a79c34fa86d9ad9035&node=38:1.0.1.1.4.1.66.125&rgn=div8

VA practitioners don't usually have a clue on the regulations.

It wasn't in your SMrs but as the reg states...it only has to be diagnosed and at least at a 10% level or more, and vets can file for this presumptive until Dec 2016, so no time limit to worry about there.

(I think VA will expand the 2016 deadline at some point.)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

It’s really depends on what’s in your service medical records. If you were treated for muscle pain, fatigue, headaches, sleep disturbance, digestive problems or any of the gulf war illnesses than a rheumatologist can connect the dots but you would need an IMO with his or her medical opinion and rationale. I try to tell veterans to file a claim for fibromyalgia caused by or due to the results of service in the gulf war. Having in service treatment records will greatly support your claim. Keep in mind that VA actually rates the symptoms. A doctors’ statement that your current fibromyalgia is at least likely as not related to your military service will also greatly help your claim. He or she will have to state that they have reviewed your service medical records and give their medical opinion and rationale. I have seen some claims approved and some denied, there is no standard with VA.

I have scheduled an appointment with the same rheumatologist in Round Rock so she can review all my records and write an IMO. It is in July.

But my military records only show muscle and joint pains once, but listed on my physical when I was exiting the service. On the physical they annotated muscle and joint pains, headaches, Fatigue and sleep disturbance.

As a senior NCO I just didn't go to sick call much. My fault.

Also I am not sure they will connect the dots for SWA because I submitted it as fibromyalgia. I didn't state anything else.

Should I write a letter stating caused by or due to the results of service in the gulf war?

Should I write a letter stating caused by or due to the results of service in the gulf war?

IMHO, NO, since your claim is already filed, I think it would be best if the statement came from your doctor. Make sure she see your out processing exams.