Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shreddergate Is Back?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I am looking at my USPS tracking slip info for two claims I filed in 2012.

The VA verified receipt of them in early 2013 via 800.

The VA just told me I never filed these claims and my only issue pending is DIC.

I think they are manipulating the backlog figures at the Buffalo VARO.

I wont be back here much until I resolve this.

VA says they are working on my DIC claim. WTF

I get DIC already....have gotten it for 20 years... under 3 separate bases....

Sounds like the ROs have their 'lists' as well as Phoenix.

I am angry as hell but am determined to get this fixed.

give them hell

Well I calmed down and filed a scathing IRIS complaint.

To tell you the truth ,I am now delighted this happened and that after a whole year of asking, someone actually gave me a true status on my claims ( the status is they shit canned.them )..and this is how I think the ROs are juggling the backlog figures.

Everywhere

There is no sense in any of us staying angry over this crap.

I am quite determined to get this squared away.

It is ridiculous to think that the VA is 'working' on a DIC claim which I have already won.......3 times!

what better way to pad the books.

Wow, they say they working on your DIC that you have already won on 3 separate occasions does sound like they lost something or giving you the run around, but you are just the person to get them straight!

Thanks guys for the support......

yeah , something really smells on the DIC claim , not to mention the other stuff.

I contacted the VA Inspector General.

I had another issue too, but not appropriate to put here.

I also have to contact the Whistleblower protection place,too. at the IG web site.

The RO might have retaliated against me because I gave testimony during the Shreddergate Hearings.

I sent copies of 53 USPS receipt slips in living bright green and white , all dated and sent to the Buffalo VARO, which were for 53 pieces of or packets of evidence they ignored and/or shredded prior to the Shreddergate hearings .

At first I started to curse when I had to copy them all and waste my PC ink like that...then I started laughing about them ... it was sure an attention -getting ploy.

• HadIt.com Elder

You have my support, Berta. I love your attitude!!!

I am reminded of a Robert Frost poem...

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."
Thank you for all your efforts. Without you, so many vets and families would be lost.
Kind Regards,
C.B.

post-4811-0-78387300-1399064749_thumb.jp

Im having a similar problem, Berta. I sent in a NOD last year, have a certified receipt for it, and nothing shows up in e benenefits. Shinseki is in trouble on CNN, at least 21 Vets have died waiting on VA medical care. In Phoenix Arizona, the VA has "two" lists. One, they tell the public about. Then there is the real list.

My VAMC does the same thing. If you call to make an appointment they tell you to call back at the first of the month, "when there are appointments available". That way, it "looks" like they are seeing Vets within 30 days of requesting an appoinment, when they are not. Its all a dog and pony show.