Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non Combat Ptsd

Rate this question

381sps

Question

Back in May 2008 my PCP said I was positive for PTSD and I denied that I was to avoid meds and the mental health people. She then put in the medical record that I declined further evaluation/ treatment/ and a referral for PTSD which is all true.

I was a very young airman at the time and the guy I rode with a lot in missile security I kind of looked up to he took time with me and showing me the ropes. In the middle of the shift he told me he was calling the shift supervisor that he was sick and needed to go home for the day. Okay not a problem. The next day I come in from duty I find out he had went home quietly went into the apartment he shared with his wife took his kids across the street went back in shot his wife in the face 6 times with a 22 pistol with longs she was seeing another airman he reloaded 3 times chasing him through the complex. The final shots was when the airman he was chasing broke into another apt trying to get away and the finals shots took place there. This was all over the news and was the big news for the day. Some one questioned me about it and asked me if I had any idea he was going to do this of coarse I had know idea.

Turns out he was planning this thing for awhile. This was back in about 1976 and this thing just keeps coming back to life with me. A lot of times I wonder if they did not let him go home would he have shot me to complete his deal that day.

I have pretty much put there names out of my head and the exact date had a visit with a VSO in the past week and she seen it in my records and asked me about it.

I broke into tears about it felt like an idiot she said I should file for it and I am considering it. I really hate to see MH about it.

I have no idea where in the world to get this information from to back it up. If I remember right he only got 4 years tried as a civilian goof Kansas law.

Any ideas

Edited by 381sps

I started calling myself the crazy one, maybe I need to change my sign in name. I don't see it as being negative but it seems my thinking is different than most people.

Keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with being treated by a psychiatrist. They can maybe help you have a better life. I read somewhere that stress can cause a person to die before their time. I know crazy right, when it is your time it is your time.

the exact date had a visit with a VSO in the past week and she seen it in my records and asked me about it.

If this information is in your C-file, then request a copy of it and go from there.

Hope this helps

"Back in May 2008 my PCP said I was positive for PTSD"

The PTSD regulations changed in 2010.They are in the PTSD forum here.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would file, myself, and probably get some counseling. Personally, I avoid the meds. To me, PTSD isn't such a bad thing. It means you were a really "nice" guy who was affected by an event and it changed you. Now, if you're working in law enforcement, or some other fields, you may want to avoid it, as it could ruin your career. jmo

pr

I requested and received my c file went through it and nothing about it or a couple of other things were not there. I have some records from when I got out why I keep them all these years is beyond me but have a copy of some stuff that did not show up in the c file. I am not so sure I received it all. Not working in law enforcement not an issue.

Seems as if as time goes by this issue gets worse for me.

Oh and there was a couple of pages of another Vets records in with mine set them back with a note.

Edited by 381sps