Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Awarded

Rate this topic

westcoastlv

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that the Great State of Nevada has approved my husband's disability claim. And it only took 6 months. We got the call yesterday and the benefits will start some time in June. After the claim was submitted, the Social Security Department announced they would expedite claims for 100% VA Disabled so we called to update my husband's file as being 100% TDIU and they flagged it as such. I submitted all of the medical notes from the MyHealthyVet blue button, and included the TDIU decision. They did not set up a medical exam or do a telephone interview. The only communication for Social Security was the call yesterday about the decision. This process was a million times easier than the 3-year battle for TDIU but, had it not been for the VA decision, my husband may have been turned down for Social Security.

With each victory I like to thank everyone here on HadIt. Your individual and collective insights have taught me a lot and helped us gain success on both fronts.

To everyone still in the struggle, please don't ever give up. If you deserve, you should get it!!

God Bless Everyone.

Great News for your family. It took me 7 months to go from 80% to 100% VA, and my SSDI was approved in 10 weeks, which is unheard of in Texas. It just goes to show that you guys did all your home work. When the Evidence is in front of the Govt, the Vet will always win, it is just a matter of When. God bless and good luck.

That's great news! No medical exam from ss? Wow! Did you submit any other medical records besides the blue button items? Did the blue button items give a lot of detailed info on his diagnoses?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use