Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange C&p's Today

Rate this question

confusion99%

Question

Well, just got home from C&P's...the first was audio for Tennitis. I already had rating for hearing loss , but rated at 0 pct. In that exam and rating tennitis was never mentioned.

The exam today, they used some piece of equip. that they stuck in my ear and added pressure to a certain point. Then did the other ear. Have had half dozen hearing exams, never have had this test. Then into the booth with the headsets..about 10 words to repeat on each ear. Then tones at different levels only about 10 of those. Then about 3 tones on the bone induction. That was it. She then ask me what my job was in the Navy. I told her Radioman. The End.....She never ask one single word about the tennitis or anything else except what my job was. What is going on with this????

The Doc that did the exams for increase in DMII, neuropathy, heart disease, also ask very few questions concerning diabetes, ask a couple about the neuropathy in my feet, i.e. have cramps, and ask nothing about the heart disease. He just listened to my heart, ordered an echo and that was it.

That has me worried to death, because I don't know what is in the records sent by the VA. Most of my heart problems are intermittent. A snapshot echo shows nothing.. My cardiologist realizes this and knows of the other problems because he has the evidence when I wore a halter monitor. But will they go by the C&P or by my cardiologist report???

The only good thing that may have come out of it is my BP was very high, he wrote it up, and it had never been applied for, just didn't because after reading the DBQ that is always asking for readings I decided to wait for something I could submit. My meds do control my BP pretty well. Guess the C&P exam affected me more than I knew for that high of a reading. Anyway, should I now go ahead and send in new contention for the hypertension or figure since they wrote it up on the C&P it will get added and rated. That's what happened with my original neuropathy, the person that did my DM exam added it and they rated it.

In the mean time, guess I go back to the waiting game....but should I still file the nod/appear if no answer by the 1 year date??

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I had the same exam to get hearing aids. The pressure and the much shorter test is worth the pressure. The VA keeps lists of occupations to decide if you had sufficent noise to warrant service connection. Since you are rated 0% you have already crossed that hurdle all the tests need to confirm is if they should increase your rating.

Good Luck

I was rated SC for hearing loss but zero pct. They ignored the tinnitis issue that time around. So I filed again for tinnitis. That is what this C&P was for, the tinnitis. That is what suprised me. She did this short version of the hearing test, and didn't ask me one single word about ringing in my ears or anything....just what my job was in the service. A woman of few words shall we say.

The VA cannot prove or disprove tinnitus. If you put in a claim for tinnitus they will review your records and if you had a MOS or AFSC or what not that exposed you to high frequency noise then more likely than not you will get service connection. At most tinnitus will net you 10% whether it is heard in one ear or both. Hearing loss is another matter, however, I don't know much about the criteria other than what you can look at in the CFR. Best wishes