VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Jeff Miller Statement 5-20-14

Rate this topic

Miller Statement on VA response to HVAC Subpoena

May 20, 2014

WASHINGTON, D.C.— Chairman Jeff Miller released the following statement today regarding VA’s response to a subpoena from the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs.

“VA’s response to the committee’s subpoena is clearly inadequate and makes me suspicious that the department has something to hide. The subpoena sought e-mails and documents to or from more than two dozen VA officials, including Sec. Shinseki, regarding VA’s admitted destruction of a document department officials have speculated may be the “secret” list cited by Phoenix VA Health Care System whistleblowers. All VA delivered yesterday was about 200 emails from one official, Dr. Thomas Lynch, and nothing else. Considering the fact that there are supposedly 30 people working on responding to the subpoena and the dearth of information VA provided, I am quickly getting the impression the department does not want to fully cooperate in this matter. The committee voted unanimously to issue the subpoena in the first place, and I’d like to move forward in a bipartisan way, so I’m in the process of working with HVAC Ranking Member Mike Michaud to determine the next steps for the committee. I’m fully prepared to press this issue until we get the truth that America’s veterans deserve – whether VA likes it or not.” – Rep. Jeff Miller, Chairman, House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO jEFF GO..!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

What VA has to hide is that it is a failing system that is redundant and just serves as welfare for the employees and staff. People complain about some mother with five kids on welfare. The VA system has thousands of employees all of which are unnecessary. The hospitals could be used to house the homeless vets and the rest should be used as nursing homes run for all vets who need care. This is a human right.....food, clothing and shelter for the destitute.

John

I certainly believe that our VAC members listen to our complaints.

Today more than ever, we all have a voice that cannot be ignored.

Years ago, the Chairman of the H Vac, Congressman Bob Filner, was Jerrel Cook's guest on our old SVR radio shows many times .

Something I discussed with Filner,on the air a few times, and then followed up, with a letter to him, I realized the other day,.... had gotten presented to the H VAC at a hearing I had missed.

We all have an opportunity due to the latest VA problems, to be taken seriously.

Dr. Johnson this AM, not only gave out his contact info (her still wants to hear from vets) but also mentioned filing an OIG complaint via their Hotline ( I did this 2 weeks ago) over anything they feel the OIG should be aware of.

(I hope Johnson has copies of the thoudands of emails from veteran he has received in mere days, at Fox, that they boxed up to send to VA in DC.

I sure hope they got Proof of Mailing too!!!... it would be typical for VA to lose this type of evidence)

I filed my OIG complaint as a Patient Safety Issue. Those complaints get immediate attention from OIG ...yet can take time for OIG to look into.

Also Johnson advised contacting Jeff Miller , Chair, H VAC himself....

335 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3527

Also this is an easy way to contact your congressperson:

https://republicans-veteranforms.house.gov/forms/writeyourrep

Yes I think I will write Jeff Miller a letter,. even though im in texas, and hes in florida, doesnt mean I cannot support him. He has been the main advocate for us as of late, and some encouragement and support can be vital to keep him engaged, as it must be a tiring, thankless task.