Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pres.obama Re: Va...fox In Minutes

Rate this question

Berta

Question

10:48 here......he will speak shortly on the VA situation FOX 360 (DirectV)

Yeah....one thing he said...IG at many VAMCs so far....

They were at my local VAMC (Bath VA) last week and also at Canadaigua VAMC. What can they possibly accomplish in just a day at each VA?

I agree with you Jerrel.....the electronic veterans community knows more than he does.

And provbably a lot more than "Rick" does.

Yeah....one thing he said...IG at many VAMCs so far....

They were at my local VAMC (Bath NY VA) last week and also at Canadaigua VAMC. What can they possibly accomplish in just a day at each VA?

I agree with you Jerrel.....the electronic veterans community knows more than he does.

And probably a lot more than "Rick" does.

EVERYONE make sure you Senators and Congressmen/women support the bills for accountability

In part:

H.R. 4031, the “Department of Veterans Affairs Management Accountability Act of 2014” would amend title 38 U.S.C., and give the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs authority to remove employees of the Senior Executive Service, whose performance the Secretary believes warrants removal, from the government service completely or transfer them to a General Schedule position within the current civil service system. The ability to remove such an employee is modeled after the same authority that Members of Congress have to remove their professional staff members who work for them."

http://veterans.house.gov/HR4031

Here is contact info for our Senators:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
Congress members:
http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

What an utter waste of a press conference. The prez had a great opportunity to win lots of political points by firing "Rick", assuring the veteran community and America that vets WILL be cared for and implement executive order to do any number of things to make the situation immediately better. Instead, he did was he is all too often accused of, placating for the sake of HIS presidency and legacy. Keep on kicking the ball down field Berry!

• HadIt.com Elder

JMHO, this press conference had nothing to do with politics. The fact that we witnessed a TV network wide press conference about the plight of the veterans is astonishing. We made it through another news cycle!! It seems like this time it will not go away. We have to step up the pressure. Like Berta said "EVERYONE make sure your Senators and Congressmen/women support the bills for accountability"

Paying close attention to what the President Just said, it was clear that he is now aware that many career VA employees have been gaming the system for decades, and that is going to stop. Did you not hear him tell all VA employees to reach out to their supervisors to stop cheating, and report it to the higher ups.

Cutting off head of the Department will only delay fixing the system.

This is the first time in my life, and I would think for the vets of WWI, WWII, Korea. etc, that we actually have a chance to change the system. Yes, It made it through another news cycle today... And we know they haven't seen anything yet!!

I would strongly suggest those whiners get off your ass and speak up, instead of complaining about politics.

JMHO,

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Letters to congressmen and senators do work if there are enough of them. The US government has a responsibility to treat all these veterans who are waiting. If the VA can't handle the load then send them to private doctors and have the government pick up the tab. We have to demand this by contacting congress. This is the only way I know of to make it happen.