VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So What Is A Rating Review ?

Rate this question

Greg88

Question

I have been at 100% for the last 17.5 years, I formally requested P&T in Jan, 2014 and I'm in Prep for Decision. But since March 12, 2014 a new claim pops up saying Rating Review, stays open 4-5 days and then closes. Today a new one popped up (this is the 4th one in 6 weeks) and I'm wondering what does this mean exactly in relation to my claim.

Edited by Greg88

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It means that someone is actually looking at the P&T claim. Beyond that, who knows! If they even think about reducing the 100%, and send you a notice of proposal to reduce, obviously, you will need to formally protest and disagree. (The VA has been known to do such things!)

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get proposal to reduce you have to file a NOD and ask for a hearing within 30 days. The VA cannot just reduce you after 17 years unless they show by clear and convincing evidence that you have improved. You have protection from 5 year rule that says after 5 years of being static at Total the VA must show by a complete review of the evidence that you are better. That does not mean one C&P exam.

Had a rating review from a very recent VA decision. The 800# couldn't tell me anything and so I watched it creep on ebennies. Finally got a Big Brown Envelope and they had gone back and saw that the original competent(?) rater hadn't gone back to the intent to file date. They awarded me 11 months back pay.

I'm sure there are many rating and other reviews but this is one of them.